Firing problems with my KWA glock 19

massoh2

Does anyone know whats wrong with my KWA glock 19? Here's what happens: I can only get 1 shot off, and then the slide doesn't slide go all the way back into position, and all my gas leaks out. Maybe there's something wrong with the gun itself? Also, how do you tell if a magazine is full of gas (ie when to stop filling it)? Thanks to anyone who can help. :) I also apologize if I've posted in the wrong place. :blink:

Sounds like the gun may be dirty or gummy with old or incorrect lube. Take off the slide, remove the barrel and clean everything you can. When it's clean, lube all the contact surfaces with 100% silicone oil, just a light coating.

I don't know how new you are to gas guns, so one other thing to check is to make sure you're filling your mag with the gas bottle upside down, not right side up. Leave it on for about 8 - 10 seconds. You want to get liquid gas into the mag and have the pressure equalize between the mag and the gas can. With the can right side up you're just getting gaseous propane into the mag which won't power it very long.

Check your outer barrel.  There are tabs on it that catch onto your frame.  If the tabs are worn or missing, the barrel needs replacement.

-Sh0ty

Thanks for the help so far guys. I'll be sure to do those things as soon as I have time. But in case it's not clear: I can fire it for one shot, and the slide racks back, but does not slide forward completely. But I'm still going to take the advice so far. :)

There's a metal pin that goes through the loading nozzle. It holds the spring-loaded floating valve in place. If the pin gets loose and moves sideways, it'll cause exactly the kind of malfunction you're experiencing. You can check this easily by looking at the rectangular hole in the bottom of the loading nozzle, when the slide is off. It's also a basic GBB function check to extend the nozzle manually, and let it snap into position by the return spring(s).

You can tell that the mag is full when liquid spurts out as you fill it. It usually takes a few seconds to fill a GBB pistol mag.

-Sale

Archived