Good ways to stop an air seal?

dismemberd

No, those pics are no good. Take them on max resolution from about 30cm or so, or whatever the closest distance is to get a sharp focus, then just crop down the required area of the photo.

I can't tell anything from the ones you've posted.

Also if you can do the nozzle photo at about 30-40 degrees off axis, basically a 3/4 shot of the nozzle and as much of the tappet.

ahh...sorry about that Tommygunn, I just can't seem to get any good pics so close up.

I think these are better? I tried from farther away, and also used the Auto Fix on photoshop, but I don't think it helped much.

The air nozzle, and tappet plate. I tried a bunch of time, and I just can't seem to get it any better than this. There's a little bit of grease that got stuck in there, and I couldn't get it all out, which makes it nearly impossible to see where the air nozzle ends.

img1062edited2pp8.jpg

Air nozzle inside the hop-up chamber, from below.

img1067edited2oq3.jpg

Air nozzle in hop-up chamber, again.

img1068edited2sa5.jpg

Looking into the hop-up from the back. I couldn't get a good pic of the bottom from behind.

img1078edited2zv6.jpg

If you want I can try to crop and zoom again, but it gets pretty pixelated after if I go much more.

That's better.

First thing that strikes me, and unless it's grease, is that the tappet lip looks mangled and possibly standng away from the nozzle. Now I can't remember what has been said so far but have you been changing the nozzle without taking the gearbox apart? If you have then that is totally wrong and normally impossible without prior damage or being forced by hand. Apart from that the nozzle looks fine.

How the nozzle is interfacing with the hop looks fine. My estimate of 2mm is slighty overboard and I was hoping you would pick that up.

Now, are you able to tell if the back end of the hop rubber is touching the front edge of the nozzle when fully forward, or is the rubber set further forward in the hop unit? Can you see the rubber just in front of the edge of the bb chute?

Do you know for sure that the hop rubber is intact? Have you examined it for tears or missing chunks?

It's grease that has been pushed back onto the tappet plate.

No, I NEVER changed the air nozzle, without first taking the gun apart.

The hop-up is nottouching the fron end of the nozzle. The rubber is about even with the end of the chute. I can see a very very small portionwhen I look into the chute.

Yes. The one I have in there now is a new systema one. It's in good condition.

A while back, before I upgraded the gearbox, I installed the precision barrel, and it seems like I've had the exact same FPS ever since then, and it's very possible I re-assembled it wrong. Also, when I put my stock barrel back on, I noticed a small increase in FPS, but I lost it shortly after. Do you think that has something to do with it?

I know it's probably a really bad idea, but If I press my stock barrel, and hop-up in front of the gearbox, without the the front of the hop-up installed, I can sometimes get it to shoot 310 again.

I really just don't know what to do. Does anyone have any tests or something I could try?

I'm pretty much out of ideas at the mo.

I don't know a whole lot about the Famas, and how it's put together, but can you do a picture of the front of the gearbox and hop/barrel when mounted in the receiver?

I take it when the two are mounted in the receiver the hop is butted up against the gearbox?

Yeah, I don't blame you, that's why I made this thread... <_< ...

Here's the pics:

img1082bg2.jpg

There's two screws on either side, then the cheek rest slides over, and the buttplate goes on the back.

img1083co1.jpg

Here's one of the back of the hop-up.

I really appreciate you guys trying though.

Success!!!

I now understand what happened!

Once upon a time...

Okay, so w long while back, I installed the precsision barrel, and ever since then, the gun has been shooting the exact same FPS. That's because I probably put it back together wrong, or screwed something up when I reassembled it(VERY likely, I had no idea what I was doing :unsure: ).

So, when I upgraded the gearbox, I didn't realize this. Fast forward to now, I put my upgraded gearbox into a brand new FAMAS body, and it shot inconsitently at about 250-300 FPS. I put the brand new FAMAS gearbox into my old FAMAS body, and it shot the same as it always has. The I realized the reason why my upgraded GB was shooting bad in the new body because I had in the G3 air nozzle, so I put the stock FAMAS nozzle back in the upgraded gearbox, and now it works! Basically, G3 air nozzles don't work in FAMASs, and my old body was re-assembled wrong. :rolleyes:

....I feel like SUCH an idiot... :unsure: ... :( ...

Archived