New Airsoft Map

zard

New Airsoft Map

Nothing against the existing one that's hosted both here and at http://www.airsoftmap.co.uk/ , but this one is a bit more, hmm, dynamic.

What I'd like from you guys is to look it over and tell me what's wrong with it. Either post it here, or to airsoftmap@gmail.com. Any (helpful) feedback is greatly received. I'm specifically looking for people to fill in the blanks, and if there's any sites out there that I've missed I'd like to know.

Thanks guys, and I hope you find it useful.

That's looking good to me!

Could i suggest that it's at least kept upto date with the list of skirmish sites published in Airsoft International each month?

I only mention this (and it's not meant in a BAD way - just constructive!) as Black Ops in Bristol is now Ultimate Airsoft and run by different people. You're also missing UCAP (http://www.ucap.co.uk/) that was reviewed in there this month.

Somebody in the chatroom told me about ASP yesterday I think, so that's gone. I'll add those others tonight when I get home from work.

I appreciate the updated info guys.

I may pick up the latest Airsoft International this weekend, depends on how my funds are going.

Thanks again!

Somebody in the chatroom told me about ASP yesterday I think, so that's gone. I'll add those others tonight when I get home from work.

I appreciate the updated info guys.

I may pick up the latest Airsoft International this weekend, depends on how my funds are going.

Thanks again!

dont forget the ones in ireland: http://www.btinternet.com/~fabothamley/FFZ/Map4.htm

and then there is hrta in the republic, i created a map with it showing here

dont forget the ones in ireland: http://www.btinternet.com/~fabothamley/FFZ/Map4.htm

and then there is hrta in the republic, i created a map with it showing here

There may or may not be one on the Isle of Man as well, but atm, Google Maps doesn't have anything for IoM, so anybody that plays there, I've not forgotten or ignored you, I'm just waiting for Google to catch up :)

There may or may not be one on the Isle of Man as well, but atm, Google Maps doesn't have anything for IoM, so anybody that plays there, I've not forgotten or ignored you, I'm just waiting for Google to catch up :)

Added the 7 that were mentioned (3 in NI, 3 in Eng and 1 in RoI).

To the best of my knowledge, there isn't anything like this in the US. I would take it on as a project, but, I'd imagine that it's a lot of work. It's taken me a fair while to get this far with the UK one (I'm sure there are sites out there that I'm missing still, come on guys, let me know). Quite frankly, the prospect of doing a US one is just scary.

You could always set up a google account (say airsoftmapusa) and let a few trusted people have the password, so that you can get people updating different areas of it, by region or state perhaps. I'm not able to that with this, as it started out of boredom and I just stuck it on my own google account because I hadn't thought that far ahead. If I pass out the password, then everybody gets to read my email.

If you have a good knowledge of the airsoft sites in your area, then give it a go yourself, it's really not that hard, just time consuming.

Added the 7 that were mentioned (3 in NI, 3 in Eng and 1 in RoI).

To the best of my knowledge, there isn't anything like this in the US. I would take it on as a project, but, I'd imagine that it's a lot of work. It's taken me a fair while to get this far with the UK one (I'm sure there are sites out there that I'm missing still, come on guys, let me know). Quite frankly, the prospect of doing a US one is just scary.

You could always set up a google account (say airsoftmapusa) and let a few trusted people have the password, so that you can get people updating different areas of it, by region or state perhaps. I'm not able to that with this, as it started out of boredom and I just stuck it on my own google account because I hadn't thought that far ahead. If I pass out the password, then everybody gets to read my email.

If you have a good knowledge of the airsoft sites in your area, then give it a go yourself, it's really not that hard, just time consuming.

it wouldnt take very long to put together a small web page which would allow people to register and then once they are registered, submit co-ordinates of airsoft sites and details about them. the co-ordinates can be very easily taken from google maps.

then all the details would be displayed similarly to the way you have done already

i've created something similar before using the google maps api, might have a look at doing something like that during the summer, exams coming up soon

• 2 weeks later...
it wouldnt take very long to put together a small web page which would allow people to register and then once they are registered, submit co-ordinates of airsoft sites and details about them. the co-ordinates can be very easily taken from google maps.

then all the details would be displayed similarly to the way you have done already

i've created something similar before using the google maps api, might have a look at doing something like that during the summer, exams coming up soon

You're right it wouldn't take long, as long as the person doing it knows what they're doing. I don't.

More updates: Taken off a dead site or two, added a few more, changed a few details.

Looking for any Scottish players that can confirm or deny the details for the sites up there.

Note: The list of sites now spreads on to a second page, so err, scroll and click :)

Archived