TM 1911 Grips

Hayabusa

Hi

I've just received a TM1911 and I wish to customize it by changing grips.I've been looking for US based shops that will ship grips internationally to the UK, does anyone know of a store that will do this? Also will I run into any legal problems doing this, as they are considered real firearm parts?

Thanks

Hayabusa

ebay is your friend for this sort of thing.  And grips are perfectly legal to import.

Thanks for that, I've just had a quick look around Ebay for what I want, but none of them ship out of the US :(

I was wondering whether importing grips was legal, thanks for clearing that, didn't want any trouble further on :)

Hayabusa

I always find the most friendly site in this respect is http://www.hogueauction.com/

Great site and totally geared up to international deals.

It is true that some ebayers say US only but will happily ship internationally.

Sadly, it's also true that some have their heads so far up their posterior that you'll get unwarranted abuse just for asking...Always worth double checking they don't have a redneck rant against foreigners in their description, these people are not worth e-mailing ;)

Another piece of unwanted news is that, whilst perfectly legal to import, there have been cases of ARUs arriving at the homes of people buying grips...

Obviously Al Qaidea are deeply into customising their 1911s... :blink:

Cheers.

Archived