combat south

tomsoft

Has anyone been ?

Im am goin there for my first game and im very exited :D

Im not really nervous as I have been paintballing enpugh times to get over that side of things.

I was just wondering what the layouts of the maps are like and what games are played, objectives ect. ??

thats my local site, its awsome!

its set in woodland, and theres a village in the middle, with buildings, bridges, fuel dump etc, then other side of the site is the hill, and a farm type area, and theres other buildings and stuff dotted around the place.

the games are normally a quick game of speedball or something to warm up, then a proper game, such as attack/defend the village. after that is a multi objective game for a few hours, something like freeing hostages, or locating downed pilots etc.

then theres lunch (mmmmm... BBQ), and after that, a few more games :D

id highly recommend the place, your gonna have a GREAT time

thats my local site, its awsome!

its set in woodland, and theres a village in the middle, with buildings, bridges, fuel dump etc, then other side of the site is the hill, and a farm type area, and theres other buildings and stuff dotted around the place.

the games are normally a quick game of speedball or something to warm up, then a proper game, such as attack/defend the village. after that is a multi objective game for a few hours, something like freeing hostages, or locating downed pilots etc.

then theres lunch (mmmmm... BBQ), and after that, a few more games :D

id highly recommend the place, your gonna have a GREAT time

did you notice it was apparently given the Airsoft International Industry Awards Best Woodland Site 2007? if that isnt enough proof of how great it is, i dont know what is.

I know what is, go yourself and find out how totally awesome it is!. Seconds often at lunch as well. Mmmmmmm meaty goodness :P.

I have only been to 3 sites, being in order of my preference (in summer):

CSW (combat south woodland)

AWE (ambush wargames eversley.

Ground zero.

CSW only just beat AWE, because AWE skimp out on the food, and at the same price, that is something to complain about.

Occasionally get cheats, just like any other site, you know the type, big lazy bloke with jeans and t-shirt on, and an AK with one hicap. He soon got spotted ;)

aaaah, you should try looking on the retailers section of the forum, theres some quality people on there. personally id recommend zero one. ive always had my stuff within 4 working days, and the order has always been correct. mind you, i hear combat souths own shop is reputable too

As has been posted above a rather nice site. I have been a fair bit & get on well with the regulars. I have heard some new walk-ons to the site find it a little clicky, I can understand this as there is a fair bit of barracking amongst the crew.

The only minus points for me are that theer could be more stringent safezone discipline or layout when entering & leaving the field. Also it's a big site & sometimes the order of games doesn't make the logistics that easy if you need a lot of consuables/kit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Up until you announced the fact to the airsoft world.

Sites have age limits for a reason. It may well be a condition of their insurance or child protection policy and the manager is well within their rights to refuse you access. Speak to the site staff before you go and see what can be arranged.

If you prepared to get in by lying about your age the you are probably prepared to lie about getting hit. It is a game of Honour after all.

If you are under age & there is an accident it will probably be the site that is blamed and not you, this could lead to the site being prosecuted (pretty bad) or closing (worst case) and over blown media coverage again painting airsoft as an unsafe sport (not good really).

Also many adult players don't want the perceived liability of skirmishing with youngsters, rightly or wrongly some of us older players often view "the kiddies" as a *fruitcage*ing pain in the *albartroth* who *fruitcage* everything up for us on the one day we get away from the ankle biters. I know several players who go to sites with higher age limits specifically to avoid youngsters.

• 1 month later...

and as for the age limits, yea call and ask, if its insurance fair nuff, but i see no reason why younger players should be treated as 'noobs' Im 16, and i know plenty of great players both older and younger. If you explain your situation, many sites will be ok. rules like that are often to stop hordes of chavs storming onto our fields, not takin hits and getting rude. Get Rude to a KAR 98 thats wt i say. But you see paintball? that what happens if we let cheaters in, and ill face it and so should younger players, many of our fellow skirmishers can be a tad immature. So rules a laid out for reason. So yea call or email and talk to the owner :)

I've been looking at going to CSW although i'd prefer the CQB site but they don't hire out guns. The thing is none of my mates are into airsoft whatsoever so i'ma little apprehensive about going to a skirmish on my own with a bunch of people i've never met.

But i'm gonna take the plunge in November *fingers crossed* and hopefully become a regualr down there so i can start buying guns again. Had to sell all of mine :(

I've played both CS urban and woodland. Always had a great day playing there. Friendly players and marshals, interesting games and a fun little "village" to play through. If you want woodland airsofting, i recommend it with no reservations - plus, best grub in the business as far as im concerned!

I've played at over a dozen Woodland sites, and its one I always enjoy going back to.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree CSW is the most enjoyable woodlands site I’ve been to,

Unfortunately I hung up my ’60 about two years ago due to money problems (lack of) :unsure:

But after numerous talks with my brother we arranged a get are self’s down to CSW again.

I even dragged a few mates down there with me, and after dusting off my gear and getting everything in working order, we all trundled down there on a cold October morning.

And I’ve got to say I really enjoyed myself to a point, you see one or two things happened though the day which got to me but thankfully this wasn’t due to combat south far from it,

To start I told my mates how and when to get there and even offered to meet up some where and follow me down, but no they could find it, cue a phone call almost an hour later ‘I’m lost’ so I almost had to run into wickham to get them,

And after they had their safety talk (and again thanks to the nice people at Combat south who waited for them) missed the first two games and joined half way though the third, but we got stuck in and really enjoyed are self’s.

Well that’s until one of my mates ‘fell’ and snapped my SR16 clean in half….

And had to go back to camp and try a field repair on it, but no amount of gaffe tape or friendly CS staff and regulars could fix it, so it got thrown into my van and I gave him my mp5,

So all was going well until after lunch when I noticed people I was shooting at weren’t taking there hits, in fact they would stop turn and shoot me back, I took them but it was starting to ###### me off after the fifth person or so, that’s until I realised my ’60 was the problem, it just wasn’t shooting straight (well more like every bb flow out in random directions none of which i was actuarially what i was aiming at)

And as my mate had my back up mp5 I was pretty much out of the game.

So I just went back and had a coffee,

Things I learned though

Never believe someone who says they know where something is,

Never let a hung over mate borrow your SR16, :(

Never believe that just because something shoots fine in your house it doesn’t mean it will perform as well in the woods,

And your not as fit as you where two years ago. <_<

Would I go again?

Hell yer even after all that I still had fun, I did see one moment of cheating when someone stood in the middle of the village not taking hits, but he was removed from the game very quickly.

And yes were all planning to go again but I need a new AEG (or is that RIF or FAF one of those anyway)

Sorry if I’ve gone on a bit but I’m still waiting for my girlfriend to get ready…….

:mellow:

Archived