Suspenders and chest rig

playmaker55

I use suspenders on my belt kit under my plate carrier and chest rig all the time. Been doing so for about 2 years now with no issues. Only recommendation would be to be a low profile set.

I'm using the Diamondback Tactical / BattleLab Low Profile Load Bearing Suspenders. Been working good for me. They are actually on sale right now for $12 (normally $16).

http://www.diamondbacktactical.com/BattleL...-P2470C293.aspx

Another option are the High Speed Gear High Speed Low Drag Suspenders, but I've never used them.

http://www.highspeedgearinc.com/proddetail...prod=HSG%2DSUSP

But if you wanna carry a *beep* ton of mags and stuff the way to go would be a plate carrier along with ALICE.

Right now I can carry 9 mags alone on my ALICE (Along with buttpack and dump pouch).

DBT's battle lab belt far surpasses what Alice will allow you to carry, and provides back support, suspenders not necessary to hold it up. It's along the same lines as the SDS and Dirty Dagger MOLLE belt and the Crye Blast belt, but a fraction of the cost.

yeah, I could never work out why they designed it that way- MUCH prefer soldier '58 belts to ALICE ones. Admittedly, you can by kidney pads to mitigate the uncomfortable connector pins sticking into your sides, but surely it shouldn't NEED this if it was well designed?

I've got a full set of ALICE stuff, and while functional, I definately intend to upgrade once I can find a nice unique and relatively non-aligned alternative.

You can replace the ALICE clips with zip ties and 550 (para) cord, much more comfortable, and it weighs less.  Not that it's a great system, but with a few mods it works pretty well.

Not worth the trouble... Plus the ALICE clips are extremely secure... Thats one plus to MOLLE

absolutely- the principle advantage of ALICE is that the pouches and particularly the bianchi holsters are outrageously secure once attached.

Just wish they'd designed it with the kidney pads as part of the design, rather than as an add-on...would just make more sense.

Archived