A.C.M Drum mags at RSOV

lord_marmite

Actually, Keith's asking £9 postage for the plastic drum mags (including the larger c-mags) and £12 for the sheet-steel AK drum mag.

Plus he's always been susceptible to a good haggle, especially if you're a repeat customer.

Amen to that. I've just ordered a mag, m910, inner barrel (not stocked on the website) and lanyard and the postage was only £20 I also got small discount without even needing to haggle :D Top marks for Keith yet again.

I've just payed him today so fingers crossed he and his team will be able to get it out on the next post and it'll sail thru customs (as always with rsov orders) and I'll have shiny new toys to play with by the begining of next week :)

I've just payed him today so fingers crossed he and his team will be able to get it out on the next post and it'll sail thru customs (as always with rsov orders) and I'll have shiny new toys to play with by the begining of next week :)

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the two-week rolling Royal Mail "smart strike" might have something to say about that. International Hubs will be out on strike on Friday, deliveries will be a no-no on Saturday, and the Airport posties will be downing tools on Monday next week. Somewhere along the line, you're bound to hit a delay (which of course is the whole point). I'm in the same boat, if a MOLLE vest I've ordered from HK isn't with me by the end of the week, I really don't expect to see it anytime in the next ten days or so. :(

If they'd really thought it through, they would have had the airports go on strike on the one day, and the international hubs go offline the next. Imagine how annoying that would be, just knowing your parcel had been sat out on a trolley somewhere for two days without anyone even giving it a second glance.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the two-week rolling Royal Mail "smart strike" might have something to say about that. International Hubs will be out on strike on Friday, deliveries will be a no-no on Saturday, and the Airport posties will be downing tools on Monday next week. Somewhere along the line, you're bound to hit a delay (which of course is the whole point). I'm in the same boat, if a MOLLE vest I've ordered from HK isn't with me by the end of the week, I really don't expect to see it anytime in the next ten days or so.  :(

If they'd really thought it through, they would have had the airports go on strike on the one day, and the international hubs go offline the next. Imagine how annoying that would be, just knowing your parcel had been sat out on a trolley somewhere for two days without anyone even giving it a second glance.

Its a good thing theres no alternative for joe public or royal mail would be totally screwed with all this strike arsing about. I'm about ready to kick whoever came up with the idea square in the balls for being a grade a twat

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the two-week rolling Royal Mail "smart strike" might have something to say about that. International Hubs will be out on strike on Friday, deliveries will be a no-no on Saturday, and the Airport posties will be downing tools on Monday next week. Somewhere along the line, you're bound to hit a delay (which of course is the whole point). I'm in the same boat, if a MOLLE vest I've ordered from HK isn't with me by the end of the week, I really don't expect to see it anytime in the next ten days or so.  :(

I was just going to order something from RSOV, do you reckon it would be a good idea with all this talk of strikes?

I was just going to order something from RSOV, do you reckon it would be a good idea with all this talk of strikes?

From what I've seen regarding the planned industrial action, the strike should only directly delay any incoming international parcel for - hopefully - one day (and maybe at worst two) during each of the next two weeks. Luckily, the strikes at the international hubs are scheduled to happen before the airport strikes, so we're spared the horror of having parcels delayed by a walk-out at the airport, then eventually making it to the sorting hub, only to get further delayed by another walk-out when it gets there. Unless you're very lucky, you're bound to have delivery held up by one or the other of the strikes, but you'd be the unluckiest bugger in the world to get hit by both. Worst case scenario is that you're held up by one of them, and then have the bad luck to have it delayed once more on one of the two days when deliveries are suspended (which if memory serves is this coming Saturday and Thursday next week).

I suppose there's also the concern that during the strike period, the posties aren't exactly going to be busting a hump to get parcels to their destination even when they do actually turn up for work.

Frankly, I'm not letting the prospect of delays deter me from placing orders: not with Paypal giving $2 to the pound, and payday just around the corner. :D

Received my mag this morning :)

First things first its not unbranded ACM its actually made by AIM and looks to be a copy of the Hero Arms design.

The build quallity is good, it looks to be made from the same high grade plastic as MAG midcaps so I expect it can take some punishment. It has markings too, on the back of the right drum it has "Restricted to law enforcement / government use only" and on the front there is the AIM logo and AIM TOP INTERNATIONAL L.L.C MADE IN TAIWAN along the bottom edge.

Also included in the box is the pressure switch and a loop of elastic to secure it to your gun. No instructions tho.

Putting the batterys in is a case of unscrewing the back of the right drum with the gov markings on, there are 3 screws and its pretty straight forward. It takes 4 AAA batterys in a holder which has clips which go over the front to hold the batterys in so theres no chance of them falling out of the holder.

To load the mag is just like loading a hicap just open the hatch on top and pour them in, theres a spring loaded handle on the left hand drum which you need to pull around to let the mag fill fully one thing that slightly surprised me was it doesnt hold 3000 rounds, only 2000 or so unless theres some way of fitting more in which has eluded me or I have a tardis bb bottle which holds 4000 rounds instead of 3000 :P To wind it is just a case of plugging in the pressure switch and pressing it and the motor winds the hicap mech inside.

Testing :)

I grabbed all 3 of my armalites and went out into the backgarden for some testing (I even had an audience with nextdoors grandkids looking over the hedge)

CA M15, Fed fine with one or two missfeeds kept up with the 9.6 pretty well it was a little hard to fit tho and needed a good slap to get it in.

Dboys M4 CASV, Fed perfectly with no missfeeds I was only running an 8.4 in that tho. It fit well too no slapping required.

M4Z1 with G&P body and CA hop. Didn't work.

It needed a good slap to fit it and would only fire 1 bb. I'm a little disappointed by this as I bought the drum mag for this gun. I've got a friend with the star Smag so I'll ask him if I can test that in my gun to see if it just hates C-mags or not.

Something else I noticed when I first fitted it to my CA was it unwound as I fitted it. It wasnt a big deal tho as it's just a case of pressing the button to wind it up :)

All in all its a good buy and well worth the money if you want a cheap C-Mag

• 4 weeks later...

Archived