Actual DMR?

I had this idea at work today, go figure, but it was to convert my TM M14 into THE DMR rifle. After looking at RS stocks, I saw that the real McMillian M2A (the stock used on the DMR) was $400 for a non-bedded version. I looked ath the pictures, and thanks to Dogfight Ink, and Photoshop, I came out with this (the DMR is the faded one, overlayed over the normal M14):

dmrm14tr3.jpg

The DMR stock isnt as different as I thought, and it would be fairly easy to modify a normal TM stock to be like it is, instead of buying a Real one, and attempting to machine the stock to fit the internals, not to mention being about 300 dollars cheaper.

I thought that If I could Attach a modified M16 Pistol grip right behind the trigger guard, fill in the area right over the normal grip, and the area at the bottom (where the DMR curves, protruding form the normal wood one) with JB weld or some sort of putty, cut off and seal the excess of the normal stock, bend a piece of Aluminum for the cheek rest, somehow mount the rubber recoil pad ( Possibly like the TM MP5, where it slides in form the top to allow battery access), put on some of the adhesive-backed outdoor stair grip tape on the fore and pistol grips, then finish it over in a nice coat of OD Krylon. (Leupold M3, and Harris bipod will be included in the final project, but as its just bolt-on, I never mentioned it in my plan)

So that's my plan, a ridiculously long run-on sentence, but nevertheless a plan. Id just like to now what you boys (and gals) would think, and If you could give any advice.

I think the DMR looks amazing, and Ive yet to see a true DMR, only M21's people try to pass of as them, not that theres anything wrong with that, its just that its not a real DMR. Which is my reason for doing this, and because its just freakin awesome!

Thanks!

-RR

the big problem is the motor / motor mount... but other than that it shuldnt be hard :-)

What he said.

The motor now sits where you can see the M14 grip.

If it doesn't sit there it either needs to move down into the new grip or up so it's totally horizontal, like an EBR.

As Donut says, you might be better off buying a Cyma Ak and an AGM M14 and fusing them together using some sort of nuclear particle accelerator.

Or hand tools.

Yeah, the motor/mount was on my mind, but I didnt know it went so far down (heh my m14 will be delivered tomorrow, so Ive never used an AS one) How do they do EBR's then? Don't they supply you with a different mount, at a lower angle?

And msx361, Thats nearly as expensive as the RS one, and I cant justify spending that on a Airsoft (or real for that matter) stock...

Thanks though!

-RR

How do they do EBR's then? Don't they supply you with a different mount, at a lower angle?

-RR

On an EBR the motor is horizontal. It sits in the space above the pistol grip. Running in between the 2 bars for the sliding stock.

In theory you could probably do the same IF you could figure out a way to mount the motor horizontally.

Archived