Guide to sanding slides etc...?

L4Isoside

Cool thanks!!

Spiderman 3, Crackdown, (not seen ver well) Gears of war, PGR3 and dead rising :)

It would look really cool but would be really hard.

I think wire wool wouldn't be sutible for that, as its all messy, i wouldn't be able to control were it sands, (like at the bottom of the slide) etc. sand paper would be easier... but it give a different finish...Grrr

Has anyone got stable advice on what is best for my idea? lol

Im thinking sand paper, with T cut, brasso, silvo...?

thanks

Chris.

Well thanks...

If anyone knows the best thing to do for MY idea, would be great... Needs to be easyish.. with a good finish.

If anyone knows were i can get a metal slide seprate, and a threaded outer barrel, i know of both together, but the outer barrel isnt threaded... and decent metal? for the KSC Glock 18C...

Thanks, Chris.

Chris

DSCN0173.jpg

Thats my Glock.. I think The super Shiny look, looks very good with the contrast of the black. I might actually try doing the edges as well... You could wait for me to finish and see if you like it lol...

Also You could do the entire thing in sand paper then polish it, and go over it with a metal finishing pad.

Quite nice, i ant even got the slide yet and im going away for 3 weeks on holiday on monday...

i've got T Cut, brasso and shino now. all i need now is the best way to do the edges, wire wool, which will be harder to controll, or sandpaper...?

lol thanks.

Chris.

I used Wet'n'dry on pot metal on my WE grades 240, 400, 600 then 800 to finish, looks fine and pot metal always has a better looking finish after polishing than most metals.

meh.. steel can polish up nicely too :)

P1000576edited.jpg

half an hour with various grades of wet n dry followed by half an hour's work on a 40 quid bench polisher (start with spiral stiched wheel with green followed by final cut using a g wheel and blue - easy peasy I didnt even bother with rouge) :P

If original poster is looking to hand polish and using wet n dry etc by all means use backwards and forwards strokes to flatten surface ...but for last 3rd of each grade of papers polishing session (ie before you move onto next finer grade) sand in straight lines in a single direction only (ie only forwards or only backwards)Try and avoid circular motions at all times

Keep two bowls of water beside you one with plenty of washing up liquid to keep the paper wet and a second to rinse ###### off of paper befoe dunking it back into the washing up liquid dosed bowl. Dont wait till the papers clogged keep rinsing and relubing it as you go along.

Archived