KSC TMP long inner barrel

alecamused

If the price was right, you could probably get a Dees custom barrel for it... But then again, the TMP barrel has the most complex cuts I've seen on a tightbore, so maybe not. The hardest cut would be the shaven off part closest to the muzzle where it slides into the outer barrel. I doubt that's easy to do, but I'd be willing to pay out of my *albartroth* if I could up the power of my TMP.

Let me know if they'll do it!

If the price was right, you could probably get a Dees custom barrel for it... But then again, the TMP barrel has the most complex cuts I've seen on a tightbore, so maybe not. The hardest cut would be the shaven off part closest to the muzzle where it slides into the outer barrel. I doubt that's easy to do, but I'd be willing to pay out of my *albartroth* if I could up the power of my TMP.

Let me know if they'll do it!

dees custom .. can you enlighten me? where or how can i contact him/them/it?

thanks in advance ;)

edit - already found and sent a mail .. thanks for pointing me that way ;)

cheers

I recently machined a KM barrel to fit a KSC TMP. It was 229mm in lenght and with that barrel the gun shot way over forum limits on green gas. Even with Duster it was still above the limit at around 340fps so you'll likely get even higher results with a 300mm barrel. Just aa word of warning.

I recently machined a KM barrel to fit a KSC TMP. It was 229mm in lenght and with that barrel the gun shot way over forum limits on green gas. Even with Duster it was still above the limit at around 340fps so you'll likely get even higher results with a 300mm barrel. Just aa word of warning.

Thanks for your warning. I already took that into consideration but i assumed it would be safe to ask for sources of a barrel because the barrellengths impact on the power of gas guns is such a commonly known and also discussed fact.

Hehe... I figured it would shoot very hot. I'm looking to bring it up to the limits of my field anyway.

AFAIK, the only aftermarket barrels for the TMP is the KM made for the original and HK version, and they only come in standard length. I doubt even ASM would sell you an extended barrel, even if he had one.

Man! I wish I had machining tools! I really want a longer barrel!!! You wouldn't do custom jobs for forum members would you Carbine? You have two potential customers here!!!!

And as for the dee's custom:

http://www.deescustoms.com/prod_custom-barrels.html

Sure, I can do TMP and M11 long inner barrels. The cost of machining here is quite high though, so it would probably cost around 60-80USD + the barrel used as a base (such as KM or Prometheus). I believe the max. lenght possible right now is 500mm.

Sorry, the price doesn't include shipping.

The barrel is for the HK version, as the standard model isn't made anymore.

Depending on which barrel you want, it'll take 1-2 months. Buying a say, KM barrel, from a Finnish distributor is very expensive, so to save money I order the barrels from Hong Kong. I will have to check with my machinist when he has time to make one though. He also works with real guns and the hunting season is just starting here so he's probably quite busy.

Alecamused pmed me, I have made one before and I will do another and see what it costs and if he wants to buy it.

The thing is, I don't have any proper machine tools and I made the last one with hand files, it takes ages but I don't have any alternatives.

I also have a batch of the new KSC hop rubbers for the TMP that incorporate a little rubber nub that does the job of the little bb.

I am v. busy with work and my wedding coming up but when I get it done I'll stick some pics up.

What?! What is this about new TMP rubbers? Are thye more consistant than the old stupid metal BB design? Are they for sale?

Also, I never thought of the whole filing thing... I'm really liking it... I actually might try it...

No wait, I'm looking at an AEG barrel and the tmp barrel. The tmp barrel is longer at the end, how'd you compensate for that? Also there's cuts that can only be made by a lathe, how'd you do those? Don't tell me you've found a way to precisely decrease the outer diameter of a tube without machining tools.

ASM could you please post the price of the proposed barrel on this thread when you're done, as I too am interested in a longer barrel for my gun to bump it up to field limits at least.

Carbine:

Not many people have these guns, let alone have the balls to run them on green, or expect them to run on green. I get the feeling that the market for these things are very small.. Although you have two willing customers right on this forum.

PS:

Oh yeah! ASM, I hope everything with your wedding is going well so far! I hope you post about it in off topic if you haven't already~

I don't want to sound like a cowboy but what I do is put the barrel in the chuck of my drill, stick it into a bearing and hold a file up against it as it spins round.

Necessity is the mother of invention.

DSC00096.JPG

It is a complicated shape and a bit of a pain in the *albartroth* but do-able.

You don't use the original marui cut for the hop nub, you cut the end of the barrel off and re-profile the thing from scratch.

The biggest pain is cutting flats into the sides of the barrel so that it will fit into the old outer barrel.

If you drill the outer barrel out so that you don't have to bother the inner is free to wander and ruin your accuracy, unless you glue it.

Ghetto lathe-like skills FTW

Dude, that's seriously awesome though.

If I can't get anyone else to do the barrel, I may just undertake the project by myself during winter break.

One more question though, but where did you find a bearing that fit the barrel?

Archived