SRC M4 Series, any good?

gafes

Hi, i recently see the M4 Series from SRC and it have fine looking guns, but i try to find some decent reviews in the internet but no find any that really convince me or not of buying this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

SRC makes no bad products, sans their very first M4 but hey, no one has a perfect first run. The internals still have a few niggly issues in M4s, but externals are awesome. On G36s, the internals are beyond excellent, but externals leave a bit to be expected.

Their XM8's were...bleh. Honestly, they're the best out of the box XM-8 out there, but that still doesn't mean we have to be happy with them, right ;) ?

Their M4's are decent at best. Their gearboxes are on par with the better clones like JG or A&K, but they're far from good on any stretch. Externally they're pretty good, not CA but fairly decent. Overall, you get what you pay for with SRC, or so I've found.

That said, can anyone vouch for the TSD (SRC rebrand) AK-47's? I've wanted an AK for a while but have never found a clear cut winner that was full metal out of the box. Thanks, and sorry for the Thread-jack.

SRC RPK needed some upgrades, but once it got those it was frickin' awesome. I have the TSD RPK, and it's absolutely wonderful. Wood looks awesome, metal feels great, feels like I could split trees with this thing. Performance is great too. The drum mag feeds excellently too. Highly recommended.

Oh, and I loved the XM8. Krylon it (a bit shiny), add a metal rod or two along the top of the side of the stock (a bit wobbly), re-glue the scope, and put the screws where they belong in front and the gun is fantastic. It seems like a lot, but it took me about 10 minutes. Total. Mags feel and look great (the fake bullets really bring it together, imo), performance is awesome, scope is great, it feels perfect in your hand, and is all in all more than a great gun for $200.

We have an ABS SRC M4 (plastic to those who don't know) and the only interesting thing I've found is that the sector gear cam which hits the cutoff lever giving you semi-auto is slightly longer than other sector gears, meaning after replacing mine I don't have semi.

Don't know if this is any different in their current models.

Actually the first link is not a propper review, the video review is just a kid that is showing off his AEG. The only that is worth to be seen is the third link, i have seen it before but i can´t make a decision in only 1 review. Thanks anyway.

Archived