New and a little confused

Whitey

Hi all.

Whitey from the Isle of Man here!

I've been browsing about looking for a new AEG as I'm selling my TM MP5A4.

I've always been a fan of the P90 because of its looks and I came across the JLS FN2000 and think it looks sexy.... in an odd sort of way lol.

I'm aware that it is a clone but is there any significant differences in quality, compared to big names (TM, CA etc)?

hi mate and welcome to the forum.

the problem with most ACM (chinese made) clones is that their quality control is not the greatest. most of the clones will need to be tinkered with to make better. now if you are happy getting your hands dirty and turning your AEG into its component bits before rebuilding and making better, then go for it.

but remember, if you buy a TM p90 you have the lovely tm warranty, and if you keep it un-modded it should last a lifetime.

cheers blacknight.

i may indeed have to go with what will be easier to live with.

I'm quite in the mood for a P90 TR, which is the silenced one i believe.

What does TR stand for? Is it trirail? as i wouldn't mind getting a couple of gucchi bits for it

As a new buyer, that route is inadvisable. It's very hard to send back faulty goods from abroad. Also, dealing with customs charges and handling fees can be a nightmare and you price difference after postage and the like would be minimal as opposed to buying from the UK.

Get the P90 - It's a fantastic gun in almost every aspect.

As a new buyer, that route is inadvisable. It's very hard to send back faulty goods from abroad. Also, dealing with customs charges and handling fees can be a nightmare and you price difference after postage and the like would be minimal as opposed to buying from the UK.

Get the P90 - It's a fantastic gun in almost every aspect.

i agree with that!

as someone new to the hobby, buy from a well known UK retailer like Zero One airsoft (search in google) the best thing being new is piece of mind, and its good to know if anything happens to your kit you can send it back to them to be fixed.

Hear hear...

First AEGs should be bought somewhere convenient, best if you lived close to midland airshop walk-in shops like brums area ;)

"have a feel" of the AEGs at the shop or at skirmish, just ask players where they got theirs and how much etc.

As said above, so long as you can send back you're good for a while. Best buy an AEG that is common so you know replacement parts are readily available. Be sensible with your batteries and any other part/accessory, read up on the "homework" side of things and try to make everything last longer :)

It will be an expensive hobby, so make everything last.

Buy the FN2000 from a UK retailer like Airsoft World or Action Hobbys.

You're covered by UK legislation, and they offer warranties.

It is a nice gun, if you're average or big built, it's much more comfortable than the P90.

Fires approx 340-370 out of the box, but of the 5 I've bought, all have settled down under 350.

If your site limit is 328, phone AH and see if they'll downgrade it for you, might take slightly longer to arrive though.

It takes M4 mags and performs really well.

After it's fps has settled down, clean the barrel, see how it goes and if required replace the hop rubber with either a TM or Guarder clear.

If you get a black one, you might need to wipe it's body down with soapy water on a cloth just to get the manufacturing process oil off.

You're more likely to get a duff one than from TM, but if you ask AH to test it before they ship I'm sure they will (especially if they downgrade it).

Fitting a sling can be interesting (as with the P90), don't use the sling slots on the side of the stock, they're plastic and won't last long.

Use some webbing to make a loop around the stock, slide it down the stock towards the butt to make it tight and secure, then attach your sling to that.

The barrel thread is clockwise, the gun looks better without the outer barrel extension.

AH do a silencer for about £30 which looks great on the gun, and does make it quieter.

Archived