Kitlist for "The Wild Geese"

pjones

Actually, watching it again as I type, and they are in rodesian cammo. However in this climate you might want to use a Belgian dennison if you do Simbas. A 59 dennison is too rare and expensive.

Well - seems I have to repeat myself but it´s not! Would appreciate any pics of what you call rhodesian (sample and screenshot ) as you seem to mix something up here or have never seen a dension ... mate.

forward your DVD to 1:37:40

watch it and please repeat that the funny thing with the beavertail and cuffs in the brushstroke pattern, the (may be 60) extras- incl. one officer are wearing is not a brit. denison smock. I have a 59 denison, a pattern 40 denison and 2 belgian ones to compare it

Sorry mate, but I CBA to argue. And FYI, I have 2 ORIGINAL dennison Smocks.

looking forward to at least one proving screenshot .... should make it much easier for you then

but you might like to compare these pics with your rhodesian and dension samples in the meantime ...

denisKopie.JPG

denison2.JPG

denison.JPG

70ies denison smock pattern

denison%2002-pb.jpg

while this is rhodesian camo...

rhodesia_camo_shirts.jpg

photo1.1b.jpg

photo1.jpg

t55camo3.jpg

I've taken a few screenshots myself, hope this clarifies things:

simbafj2.png

wg1ku2.png

wg2mo1.png

and no I couldn't resit the last one :D

To be honest, I can't tell with the smocks. Some appear to be denisons, some appear to be locally made- the ones with the beige/green splinters. I didn't spot any rhodesian personally, but there may well be some in there. Also, the webbing is def. Pattern 58 and the trousers are og Lightweights.

Weirdly, if the smocks are denisons, our (executive incomes) reasonably authentic merc loadout is almost exactly the same as the simba one from the film.

cheers,

matt

edit: seewulfe, the first time I looked at your post the only pic that loaded was the first one. Having looked again with all of them loaded, the smocks i though were home made are clearly denisons.

Second edit: Does anyone know where to get rhodie smocks from? replica or real, not fussed:)

I've taken a few screenshots myself, hope this clarifies things:

simbafj2.png

wg1ku2.png

wg2mo1.png

and no I couldn't resit the last one :D

To be honest, I can't tell with the smocks. Some appear to be denisons, some appear to be locally made- the ones with the beige/green splinters. I didn't spot any rhodesian personally, but there may well be some in there. Also, the webbing is def. Pattern 58 and the trousers are og Lightweights.

Weirdly, if the smocks are denisons, our (executive incomes) reasonably authentic merc loadout is almost exactly the same as the simba one from the film.

cheers,

matt

edit: seewulfe, the first time I looked at your post the only pic that loaded was the first one. Having looked again with all of them loaded, the smocks i though were home made are clearly denisons.

Second edit: Does anyone know where to get rhodie smocks from? replica or real, not fussed:)

Hi afaik there is or was nor rhodie smock. Just a shirt or jacket. The only current retailer i know is trident militaria. btw any chance to see your described merc loadout one day ? ;)

all of our pics are on

www.freewebs.com/executiveincomesairsoft

but i'll try and get some clearer ones as well- people don't seem to like photographing me, for reason's i'm not really prepared to ask about <_<

i'm matt slater on the website

I meant jacket by smock, just something heavier than a shirt for our lovely temperate winters :unsure:

cheers,

matt

Archived