Guarder Original Glock Frame for TM G17

Jonny

Well I just received my TM G17 in the mail today which is lovely. I immediately deceided to drop it into a Guarder original Glock frame which I purchased earlier. It took me about 5 minutes to install the Guarder serial plate and drop all the components back into place, tap the pins on and such. However I have a bit of a problem. My slide lock no longer wants to work properly, and the slide can't fully return forward on it's own. With a mag installed the slide is about 3 - 4 mm away from fully closing unless I push it forward myself. Why I have these bizzare problems with the Guarder frame I cannot figure out. I swapped all the components back into the TM G17 frame and everything was good again, so i'm stumped. Everything works pretty much like normal, the slide release works again, the mag is still tight and sometimes still causes the slide not to return properly in the original frame. If anybody has had any experience with the Guarder installation give me a shout, i'd love to know how you did it lol. :D

Sounds like the mag catch sits a bit higher on the Guarder frame. This will obviously push the mag up in the gun and cause the top seal to rub on the loading nozzle harder than normal.

From what I understand, the slide will cycle fine without the mag in the gun? You could try filing down the mag catch a bit to lower the mag.

Archived