Teflon tape mod for WE 1911

krame

I tried doing the teflon tape mod to the piston head on my WE 1911. It did help a lot but after a a mag or two the tape is completely gone from the piston head. Does anyone have a picture on how the tape is supposed to be applied?

err I think you can't actually do the teflon mod with the 1911. as far as I remember the piston is not the same as in the hi-cappas, so you just can wrap it around, which won't last for long....

here you can see, how the pistonhead should look like:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...20Hi-Capa&st=60

if it doesn't look like this one, the mod won't work

Ok, I got it, I wans't putting the tape under the O-ring. It's better now. I have another question though. What parts would be the best for increasing gas consumption. I'm looking at the guarder loading nozzle and the 9ball or SD piston head. Also does putting in a stronger recoil spring help?

Ok, I got it, I wans't putting the tape under the O-ring.  It's better now.  I have another question though.  What parts would be the best for increasing gas consumption.  I'm looking at the guarder loading nozzle and the 9ball or SD piston head.  Also does putting in a stronger recoil spring help?

If you want to increase gas consumption loosen the valve or drill a hole in the bottom of the mag!! :P

However, I'm guessing you want to increase power rather than just using more gas? Upgrading the mag valve will increase gas flow, improving power. Blowback upgrades such as piston head and loading nozzles generally make the use of the gas more efficient, sometimes (not always) giving improved performance. I'd be inclined NOT to mix blowback upgrades from different manufacturers as they won't always work well together - maybe because they're made to work with the stock OEM parts rather than with each other.

Recoil springs will give a harder, crisper recoil, improve cycling and increase ROF and kick, but no real impact on power.

I'd highly recommend AGAINST upgrading to high flow valves for the WE1911. There just isn't enough gas for that. If you're going to replace the valve at all, stock TM valves are pretty good for improving reliability.

Guarder loading nozzle seats better in the blowback engine cage than the stock WE nozzle, so it'll waste less energy and be more reliable when it's cycling.

Tightbore will also decrease gas consumption by increasing gas efficiency, ie. waste less gas pushing that BB out of the barrel.

I'd highly recommend AGAINST upgrading to high flow valves for the WE1911. There just isn't enough gas for that. If you're going to replace the valve at all, stock TM valves are pretty good for improving reliability.

Probably true as a general rule but I'm not sure if this applies the 1911?

My TM 1911A1 mags were more problematic than the ones supplied with my WEs until I replaced the valves. Could be just mine though.

Guarder loading nozzle seats better in the blowback engine cage than the stock WE nozzle, so it'll waste less energy and be more reliable when it's cycling.

I've only fitted the Guarder enhanced loading nozzle to a TM and it seems fine, but then cycling wasn't really a problem before I fitted it. It didn't work well with either of the after-market piston heads I've tried though, so I'd be inclined to replace one or the other part, but not both.

Has anyone measured any fps improvement with either the nozzle or piston upgrades and advise which of the two is better?

Probably true as a general rule but I'm not sure if this applies the 1911?

It especially applies to the 1911, due to the single stack gas capacity. If you really want to use an upgrade valve, stick to "high performance" instead of "high flow", as "high performance" is suppose to be between the stock and the "high flow" in terms of gas usage.

My TM 1911A1 mags were more problematic than the ones supplied with my WEs until I replaced the valves.  Could be just mine though.

Must've been that occasional TM lemon. I've swapped my WE1911's stock valve for stock TM1911 valve because TM valves are better made and more reliable. I found that the stock WE1911 valve freezes or jams much too easily.

I've only fitted the Guarder enhanced loading nozzle to a TM and it seems fine, but then cycling wasn't really a problem before I fitted it.

When I said cycling, I was referring to the movement of the loading nozzle itself. The TM stock nozzle fits in the TM blowback engine cage very well. The WE stock nozzle is much more wobbly inside the WE blowback engine cage. The Guarder improved nozzle is less wobbly inside the WE blowback engine cage than the stock WE nozzle.

It didn't work well with either of the after-market piston heads I've tried though, so I'd be inclined to replace one or the other part, but not both.

It didn't happen to be a PDI piston head, did it? 'Cause that's my setup, and I had to mod the PDI piston head to get it to fit properly. Not the Guarder nozzle's fault, PDI was oversized.

When replacing nozzle, always check the fit between the piston head and the new nozzle. If it's too loose or tight, always mod the piston head instead of letting it be.

Has anyone measured any fps improvement with either the nozzle or piston upgrades and advise which of the two is better?

Nozzle is better, but replacing both is best. It's not an issue of fps numbers. Basically, upgrading the piston head would only improve the seal between itself and the nozzle. Using the right upgrade nozzle improves the seal between the nozzle and the hopup chamber, the seal between the nozzle and the mag rubber, the seal between the piston head and nozzle and reduces nozzle wobble.

A PDI piston head in my TM G17 was a bit tight initially, until I soaked it in rubbing alcohol for a few minutes, and then lubed with the lightest silicone I could find. Super smooth action and air-tight as well.

-Sale

Archived