BFG loading/priming rod

Docv400

I've just made a replacement rod for someone who lost their's at the Town Assault game at the weekend.

I was trying to decide what shape would be best for the 'handle' part, ball (as standard), mushroom head type, or curved 'T'...

Then I thought, you already have a handle in your hand when you unscrew the cap, so I made it like this;

BFGloader1.jpg

You just put the rod into the 9mm adaptor when you remove the cap;

BFGloader.jpg

It means you don't have to put the cap and adaptor down on the ground to get kicked into hiding by someone walking by :rolleyes:

If anyone wants a replica, PM me, I'll make a few up.

Does £5 posted sound fair?

Someone has asked about having a lanyard/keyring attachment point, so I can add one of these as well if needed.

BFGloader2.jpg

Mods. Does this need to be moved to the sales section and am I OK flogging a few of these without encroaching on retailer territory? :unsure:

Which bit don't you understand? :P

It's a replacement loading/priming rod for the Dynatec Blank Firing Grenade. (as per the title)

The one that comes with the BFG has a 'ball' handle and no attachment point.

I made one for someone who lost theirs and thought others may be interested.

I make them (as shown in the pictures) so you use the BFG cap (and 9mm blank adaptor) as the handle, meaning you don't put the cap and adaptor down on the ground and risk misplacing them. It's also more compact to carry and has a lanyard 'tag' fitted.

I'm not even sure you can buy a replacement for the standard one :unsure:

Clear now? ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Made another little improvement to my priming tool design today.

I was using my BFGs at a game, and I was thinking, why is the priming tool so long? It could be a lot shorter.

And if it's short enough, surely it could double-up as the safety pin, instead of having to have both?

I was right on both counts :P

BFGtool.jpg

I can lose a little more off the length, from the pin itself and the holder (3rd picture shows the position when fully compressed).

I'll also be adding a lanyard ring as per the original.

took delivery of a pair of these little beauties today and they are very very nice bits of kit ! highly recommened players geting some of these from this fine chap its one of those "how heck didn"t eny one think of it before " sorta thing . ;)

Thanks for the compliment druid799 ^_^

My next bit of BFG 'customising' is a Stielhandgranate conversion for my WWII Airsoft Fallschirm-Jäger loadout...

StielBFG1c.jpg

Just a quick prototype for now.

I'm toying with the idea of machining the body right down and fitting an Aluminium cup/sleeve over it to hold a modified captive sear, slip the cup off to activate and deploy immediately.

Archived