G&G GR 25 won't work

Handsome Pete

The story so far: Got myself a G&G GR25 just before the ban came in. Got this instead of other models ofr its stock semi auto only. I ordered with it a systema hop system, new spring and prometheus barrel. The barrel and hopup went on fine. I opened up the gear box and put the new (more powerful) spring in. I had trouble fitting it without it springing out. In one instance it knocked certain parts out of position but i put them back in. After finally managing to put the gear box lid back on and connecting it to the gear box (correctly i thought) i squeezed the trigger. I immediatly got a bright flash from the fuse and nothing else. I flick it back to safety and disconnected the battery. I then fitted a new fuse but all that happened was the battery became warm. so i immediatly disconnected it.

As it is now: Im yet to actually fire it since its upgrade and would really like this working. Anybody got any ideas? Ive been in airsofting for yrs but only recently have i become 'technical' with them and as u can see, im failing miserbaley. Please as much as i want ur help dont start talking 'shim hear, tappet plate there' etc as i wont have a clue wat ur on about :rolleyes:

Any help be much appreciated. cheers.

perhaps the motor's pinion gear is too tight on the bevel gear you can usually adjust the tension on these by losening the allen bolt.

Did you check that the gears span freely without the piston and spring in there and the 2 gearbox sides closed together?

something is definatelly overloading/locking up to blow the fuse. Mind you when I first fitted my magnum motor with some helicals and a new "eh hmm" 328fps "eh hmm" spring the fuse blew within 8 shots. Professionally shimmed (by me) there was no way the gears were a problem, sometimes I go so far as to grind the shims down to get the absolute optimum spin/slack ratio. but this time it was the spring guide that had completely broken up!!!!!

Best thing with problem solving is to start from Point A and to slowly work your way through the things that do work properly until you find the things that dont and then fix em! reach point D and its skirmish time!!

Ross

Archived