Mayweather Junior knocks out Hatton

darkchild130

tenth round knockout, its a shame to say that as much as i cant stand the gobby berk Mayweather Jr i did predict him winning this fight. Hatton has a bad habit of walking into punches and his luck just ran out last night. Mayweather was clearly better.

Oh well, it should make him a better fighter for it.

Darkchild

The problem with boxing (and any contact sport really) is that there isn't a whole lot you can blame things on. There are no mechanical failures, no un-fair advantages (so to speak). It is simply this...''Will it go my way on that given night?'' Nothing more, nothing less.

If you look at Ricky Hatton's career (I'm a BIG time Hatton-Hugger by the way), he has been faced with new challenges everytime he enters the ring. The sheer grit and ambition the guy shows proves he is one of the best fighters in modern history; and in my eyes one of the best junior welterweights that ever lived.

However cocky and arrogant Floyd Mayweather Jr is, you have got to recognise his pure talent. He is remarkable defence wise and a master tactician when it comes to preparing for fights.

Who says if the ref hadn't had stepped in around 48 times during the first 3 rounds Hatton wouldn't of won? Well, no one. He probably would have got into his rythm and knocked Mayweather to the ground in the 6th. However, it just didn't go his way on that night and Mayweather simply outboxed him.

Any of you guys that know anything about boxing should realise that this was not only a major loss for Hatton, and the UK; but also for boxing in general. We need more embassadors like Ricky Hatton for the sport, but instead we have over zealous highly arrogant champions like Mayweather Jr that (despite ability & talent), have a lot less passion for the sport than the money.

This was a big step up for Hatton. He could've dodged the fight, and retained his 43-0 undefeated record. Instead, he went abroad to fight, to fight the best pound for pound fighter in the world...and gave it his all. So he lost, he'll be back and bigger than ever next year. He hasn't let anyone down in losing, I think he has probably gained more respect from the doubters out there that were impressed with the way he handled defeat.

I was reading boxing news today, and the star letter suggested boxing should be our national sport. I agree, we over-hype rugby, football, F1 and other sports so much we forget that we actually have a huge amount of influence on the boxing world as a country. The best coaches, national teams and the most humble fighters all come from Britain...

We should be proud of Hatton, and proud to be British.

Me and my friends all chipped in and paid for it via satellite.

It was a good fight, worth the money, and I really really wanted hatton to win. The arrogance of mayweather is insane sometimes, like when he wore the sombrero and pancho to de la hoya's fight..

Hatton wouldn't slow down for anything, all 10 rounds he was pursuing mayweather, defenitly on the offensive and getting a few good hits in. Mayweather knows where to hit and how to hit, and he's quick, he landed some seriously devistating blows, and the worst was when he hit hatton in the face for a good one, and then hatton rammed his head into the corner of the ring! At that point I knew hatton was going down.

You have to give mayweather props though, at the end he said that hatton was the best fighter he had fought and respected him. I think all the making fun of ###### and antics is all just a show anyways.

One thing you had to notice was that mayweather barely broke a sweat lol, seriously he didn't look that exhausted and he seemed to not even have a scratch on him.

I think it was in the 8th when hatton said "how many rounds left?" LMAO thats when you know theres a problem.

Archived