TM M93R- faulty selector switch

Anyways, I just bought a used TM M93R, and there's a few small problems regarding the selector switch.

Switching it to auto doesn't really do anything, it stays on Semi unless I press into the auto selector- which fixes it until I turn it on safe, which then it goes back to semi permanantly again.

Anyways, anyone else have this problem? I've never worked with AEPs before, and am paranoid to take it apart.

haha yes I had the same problem I dont know what it is. I think it is the safety that is causing the problem. I bought mine used as well for $40. I solved it but I had to forgo semi auto. I also converted mine to be a Robocop Auto9

dsc09497ag9.jpg

I can show you what i did to correct the problem. but it will have to wait until I get back from work later tonight.

Ok first of all the Auto9 was a conversion that I did myself. I bought a cheap KO POS electric blowback Auto9 for 25 bucks. hacked up the parts and made it fit the M93R. ( i didnt ruin the M93R though)

back to the selector switch problem. if you remove the slide you will see there is a black box/cover thing at the back of the gun. remove that, you will need a small screwdriver.

Once you remove that cover, it comes straight up by the way. pay close attention to what the gun does when you pull the trigger, flip the selector switch, and the safety. stuff moves around in there.

You can see that when you pull the trigger, the piece of metal that is outside of the gun, on the right hand side, moves forward. it pulls a cross beam bar. if you look at the left side you will see a tiny spring pushing that down.

When you flip the selector switch, a small piece of metal moves up to block another piece of metal. I noticed that mine was hopping up and over that piece. if you use your small screwdriver to hold that part down and back, then pull the trigger, you will notice it will fire in full auto. what i did was use a small piece of plastic, from the packaging of a VSR-10 magazine. any clear bubble style packaging will work. trimmed it to size and folded it over. then slipped it over the meatl bar. so it is acting like a giant spring and pushing that bar down to engage the selector part. does that make sense? for some reason now. I can not get it to shoot single. but who cares right?

I think this is a flaw of the M93R design. the G18C does not have this problem.

Circled in red is the part that interacts with the selector switch. and in blue is the piece of plastic.

dsc09514bj2.jpg

here it is from the other side.

dsc09513tr9.jpg

hope that helps.

oh as i said earlier, I think the safetyis the problem. if you use the safety for long periods of time, the tiny spring is compressed. the safety lifts the entire bar so it cannot push the piece of plastic to make the contacts to connect the circuit. by compressing the spring for long periods of time, I think it weakened it and therefore cant push that trigger bar down to engage the selector parts. also the constant wearing down of those parts rubbing doesnt help either.

Archived