gearbox 8mm

zerograffit

(sry quickie type)

Drilling frm 6mm to 8mm gearbox hole, is that out of the question?

i mean gunner got this non electrical tools

http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/catalog/produ...products_id=756

even if you precisely drill them it would be ok? what do you think?

i think, that groove at the side of the hole, would it matter? cuz some clone GB doesn't have that groove.

by groove i mean, that half drilled for busshings to fit or washers..... gotta go late for work..

its a no cost way to have 8mm GB.... plus i'll do it on a cloned GB and i have high confidents to precisely drill them except for.... after drilling, 8mm bearings won't fit, due to the groove at the edge of the hole (if u know what im talking about)

who say i should go for it? any advice??? i don't mind drilling and GB will fail but drilling them and bearing wont fit is just throwing money....

drilling an 8mm hole surely will fit the bearing but putting the gears and shell, not to mention washers! thats the part i'm worried about.

It's a set of drill/cutting tools

They give you enlargement tools to enlarge the hole from 6mm->7mm->8mm and a different tool that will then create the recessed portion on the gearbox for the flange of the bushings. though gunner is charging his monopoly pricing on these...

many on the Chinese message board I frequent has used these tools with no problems.

here's one from Chinese auction site taobao

http://auction1.taobao.com/auction/2203/it...89e9b5be6.jhtml

Huh. Nifty little things, i may well look into getting some of them for myself, along with some big element bearings...

And Zerograffit, yes, the flange is essential. As you said, without it being present to allow the bushings to be flush with the gearbox, the gears would likely not be able to spin and would probably even stop the gearbox from closing, before you put any shims on at all.

Archived