Echo 1 USA CRYE Multicam Parts Review

Echo 1 USA Multicam Parts Review

echo1smallvk8.jpg

This is the third in a series of reviews on parts coated in Crye Precision’s Multicam Hydrographic Film. This time we bring you a review on Echo 1 USA’s parts.

Now many of you commented when I first posted this news on the forums that you were worried that this might possibly be fake. I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that the film is the authentic CRYE hydrographic film!

completerangemediumnv7.jpg

Echo 1 is very famous for rebranding other products or licensing products from Japan to be sold in the US at a lower cost than other importers, so how does their new product range meet up to the high standards of the player?

Now before I start Echo 1 USA clearly know what they are doing. For one, they have released a complete product.

packagedsetmediummk5.jpg

The emphasis being on a complete Multicam look for the M4A1, rather than bits and pieces for many weapons. Also they are the first to release high capacity magazines in the coating which clearly indicates that they know its not just mil-simmers who want a completely camouflaged gun.

So let’s take a look at the products.

Echo 1 USA Multicam M4A1 Foregrip

The Echo 1 USA fore grip is based on the generic Tokyo Marui M4A1 hand grip, albeit the coating, players using real steel delta rings will be happy to hear that they will not need to switch back to the original delta ring to attach it, although the original Tokyo Marui type seems to offer the best results.

foregripmediumdg6.jpg

Once the fore grip has been attached it is very sturdy with very little play.

foregripattachedmediumyf3.jpg

The inner diamensions of the fore grip allow 9.6v mini-batteries or the nunchuk style batteries of the same voltage. (Please note that this style of battery requires outer barrels with flattened sections.)

96vnunchukabatterymediulq8.jpg

Score and Conclusion

I’m going to give the foregrip 6/10. The reason for this is the simple fact that it uses the generic Tokyo Marui style fore grip. This does keep the price down but for many of us it’s one of the first parts upgraded, so I feel although I’m upgrading a part to Multicam I’m also down grading it.

Pro’s

• 100% real authentic Crye Precision’s Multicam Hydrographic Film.

• Excellent price.

• Easy to install.

• Currently the only M4A1 fore grip on the market in Multicam.

• Will fit real style and Tokyo Marui delta rings

Con’s

• Lower quality ABS plastic compared to other products on the market.

Echo 1 USA Multicam HK style pistol grip

Now this is a really nice piece of kit, the HK 416D style pistol grip is one of my favourites on the market. I found the ergonomics and shape very agreeable and didn’t cause my wrist to ache after a day or two on the skirmish fields.

pistolgripfittedmediumem4.jpg

Now I would like to point out that one of the features of Multicam is the non repetition of the patterns, so please don’t freak out when you receive a product that is very bland. Remember its part of the bigger scheme.

pistolgripmediumhp4.jpg

As you can see, one side of the grip has a good selection of the colours and patterns found in Multicam. You flip the grip over and you’ll see that the colours are very bland, don’t panic. This is normal and when you place it up against your BDU’s and other camouflage it won’t matter.

reversesideofpistolgripdo9.jpg

The grip is reinforced from the stock specifications to for long lasting performance and the installation is no different to that of other pistol grips on the market and attaches using the same mounts as generic grips.

reinforcedinnermediumks3.jpg

The heat plate is metal and is vented to allow maximum airflow around the motor while still maintaining some sound proofing against the motor noise.

heatplatemediumdm9.jpg

One of the other nice things about the Echo1 grips is the fact that it actually comes with the screws to mount it to the lower receiver. In fact the packaging that mine came in contained two sets of mounting screws.

sparescrewsmediumyd2.jpg

One of the other nice features is the one piece motor adjustment plate; no longer do you have to worry about the motor plate slipping down the side of the motor as it is fully incorporated in to the unit.

motorplatemediumkz4.jpg

Score and Conclusion

I’m going to give the grip 9/10. The fact that Echo 1 is using one of the more modern variants of grip is a nice touch. The build and fabrication of the grip is excellent and is able to take the abuse that airsoft throws at it. All in all a nice piece of kit.

Pro’s

• Excellent price.

• Easy to install.

• Currently the only M4A1 fore grip on the market in Multicam.

Con’s

• No real con’s with this product, apart from the one I received had very little colour variation on one side, but that’s Multicam!

Echo 1 USA Multicam 5 position crane stock

Now out of all the pieces this has to be my favourite, now please note this is not a battery stock but is one of the models that can be modified to take a battery.

buttstockfittedmediumth8.jpg

(See my walkthrough on how to modify a crane stock by following the link in my signature)

The actual stock mould is of excellent quality and fabric with no visible seam lines. The latch spring on the adjuster isn’t too tight which allows the operator to quickly adjust the stock position.

stockreleaselatchmediumby9.jpg

The stock also comes with a rubber butt pad as standard; although this is really for real steel it also allows the weapon to be shouldered against fabric tops, without it slipping

buttstockrubberpadmediuac6.jpg

The buffer tube is aluminium and features the locking nut, unlike the generic Tokyo Marui this actually works and enables the operator to totally lock the tube into position.

buffertubemediumdm0.jpg

The other nice feature is that the mounting bolt already comes with a pre-cut disc, this means that if you do decide to modify the stock in to a battery stock all the channels both in the buffer tube and the disc are already there, all you need to do is run the cables through.

buffertubeattachmentparvr5.jpg

Score and Conclusion

I’m going to give the 5 position stock a 9/10. The 5 position stock is perfect, yes there are better stocks out there but the price and quality of the Echo 1 USA crane stock totally out weighs the negative and it’s not a bad stock either under the film, the only one down side though is that it’s not a battery stock.

It does exactly what it’s supposed to, firm, ridge and ready to go!

Pro’s

• Excellent price and quality.

• Easy to install.

• Currently the only 5 position crane stock on the market

Con’s

• Non battery stock so will either need modifications or an external power source.

• Can’t think of anything else….really!

Echo 1 USA Multicam 300 round thermal magazine

These are awesome and I will certainly but forking out for some more of these! The magazine is designed around the Canadian Thermal magazine for the M4, the fact that it’s a 300rd mag also is appealing for players that play at open fields or non-milsim games where you need a lot of ammo out in the field.

400rdmagazinemediumbv4.jpg

The construction of the magazine itself is of a very high standard and the hydrographic film coating real holds well to the product.

The fitting of the magazine in the mag-well is very positive and has very little wobble in metal lower receivers, so players that like to hold the mag and mag-well will be happy about this.

400rdmagazinefittedmedipk7.jpg

The magazine fed all 300 rounds perfectly without misfire or double feeding and after putting 1000 rounds through it still fed perfectly well.

One thing that I’m not to sure about though is that the coating covers the feed nozzle on the magazine and due to the constant wear around this area will cause the coating to flake off into the hop chamber.

feedingend400rdmediumqu5.jpg

The winding mechanism of the thermal magazine is great and no matter what angle or how I inserted the magazine into the weapon it didn’t release the spring. Several of my other branded magazines do this and it’s most annoying, especially when you are under fire and have to rewind the magazine.

windingmech400rdmediumxk7.jpg

Score and Conclusion

The Echo1 USA Thermal 300rd magazine is excellent! Like I said at the beginning of the review this product is certainly on my shopping list. The fact that they are using a different style magazine to other companies is a nice touch, especially if you are recreating a Special Forces look or want something a little different.

I’m going to give the Echo 1 USA Multicam 300 round thermal magazine 10/10. I know this is a very high score but after skirmishing with these magazines at several open games I have come to trust them above any other high capacity magazines in my collection and know they will feed perfectly with all the M4/M16 variants in my collection. Highly recommended!

Pro’s

• Unique style compared to other coated magazines currently on the market.

• Work perfectly in all the brands of M4/M16’s in my collection.

(ICS, VFC, Tokyo Marui, G&P, G&G, King Arms and others)

Con’s

• Thermal style magazines might not be your thing

• Does not have quick winding features that are found on Chinese products.

• Can’t think of anything else….really!

Echo 1 USA Multicam 190 round magazine

The final product in this review is the Echo 1 USA Multicam 190 round magazine. Now these are 100% metal and to the exact same standards as the Tokyo Marui version.

190rdmagazinemediumjs4.jpg

The coating is great but I found that they were a very tight fit in most if not all of my M16/M4 variants and the only weapon that I didn’t need to force it into was the A&K M249 Para.

190rdmagazinefittedmedikg5.jpg

This means that the magazine will receiver considerable wear and tear along the back spin of the magazine and thus the hydrographic coating will wear off. Again the feeding nozzle is also coated.

190rdfeedingendmediumjd7.jpg

Again the 190 round magazine fed perfectly through the 1000 rounds that I fired through it and like it’s 300 round counterpart the winding mechanism is exceptional and does not release when inserted into the rifle inverted or at other strange angles.

190rdwindingmechmediumyi8.jpg

Score and Conclusion

Now I have to say that the 190 round magazine is not to my tastes, but players that replicate the DMR look or for use in a sniper rifle will relish the fact that this style of Multicam magazine is on the market.

I personally would have preferred to see a high capacity version of the stand M4 magazine rather than this but this is just a personal preference, that has most probably affected my score, but I will have to give this product an 8/10. Why, because I feel that although this product is wanted the majority of players would rather have a standard magazine and again it’s just not my cup of tea.

Regardless of my prejudice the magazine is of a high standard and player that purchase these will not regret it.

Pro’s

• Unique style compared to other coated magazines currently on the market.

• Work perfectly in all the brands of M4/M16’s in my collection.

(ICS, VFC, Tokyo Marui, G&P, G&G, King Arms and others)

• The perfect choice for players replicating either a Sniper or DMR Multicam look.

Con’s

• This style magazine might not be your thing, it certainly isn’t mine.

• Does not have quick winding features that are found on Chinese products.

Overall Product Conclusion

At the end of the day Echo1 USA is the only company out there that has actually gone for a complete Multicam look (Yes there is a M14 stock in Multicam but no magazines!).

The over all look of the Echo1 USA Multicam M4 is excellent and will really compliment other branded Multicam products on the market at a very affordable price.

rightsidemediumwk8.jpg

leftsidemediumsx0.jpg

The quality of the hardware will stand up to the abuse that hardcore airsofter’s place on their kit but beware; the CRYE Hydrographic film is not indestructible and will wear off with use.

kacdmrm4mediumti9.jpg

Again 10/10 to Echo1 USA, as they really seem to be on the ball and the fact that they have actual players and real steel users within their team really helps them bring great products that the players actually want.

I would like to thank Echo 1 USA for supplying the parts for review.