Pseudo-deaths?

Sabachthani

personally, the most immersive games (More specificly the Town Assualt series, wich were milsim) i have been involved in were games that required you to drop dead where you stood when shoot (offcourse dramatic dieing was not required). Once you dropped to the ground, you rolled to your back or sat up

All games had medic rules : 1st time shot, anyone can bandage you,5min bleedout, 2nd time shot, you need a medic to bandage you,5min bleedout, 3rd time shot = KIA

Also, it was encouraged for teammates to actually : drag/lift/pick up downed players who were in the open to safety in order to bandage them, or atleast have them hold hold hands/shoulder/any form of physical contact for those who were finnicky about beeing dragged. But seeing, as everyone was well aware of these rules, most did not object to be dragged round a corner or the likes to get bandaged.

It helped the immersiveness of the whole thing enormously,not only that, but also the gameflow because you didn't have dead players aimlesly wandering about, getting in lines of fires, creating confusion of whos dead or not, and generally slowing the action down.

It's all a matter of common sense really, if one was shot inside one of the houses at the TA events, and deemed it unsafe to stay you were, you yelled out dead man walking, gun over head, and removed yourself from the house (usually more then one entrance) At those points it may slow down gameflow abit, but then safety comes first. Nothing is black or white, but where it is possible, it can help the immersiveness of the game alot

I seem to remember one of the previous times that this topic came up, someone had tried to drag a "dead" teammate back to their team's medic, but only got 5m before the shoulder based drag handles on the replica Eagle tac-vest ripped off and tore the vest damn near in half.

I imagine that he wasn't a happy bunny!

I play "call and walk" rules at Dragon Valley - though I have been known to hit the ground if it's safe to allow my team to return fire if necessary.

CC

Archived