MG36 project

Kraut

I'm looking to upgrade my CA36 into an MG36 support weapon. I have all the external issues resolved, so the only thing left is internals. It's a stock CA G36. Recently it went down due to something wrong with the electrical contacts. While that is getting resolved, I decided to go ahead and purchase the internals I'll need to upgrade it into a useful and reliable support weapon.

Specifications I'm looking for is for it to shoot under 450fps, but above 420, with a good rate of fire. I understand I'll probably have to change the piston or some such after a few months, but really I'm just looking for something to last longer than one game. I plan to hook up either a 9.6v or 10.8v battery.

Thanks for the help!

CA36 specifically I'd say have a look at a aftermarket selector plate- my one broke twice and my bros isn't brilliant either!

As for other stuff, haven't taken mine apart so have no first hand things to offer but I've heard piston, replace electrics.

That power's a little high on this forum too.......

but really I'm just looking for something to last longer than one game. I plan to hook up either a 9.6v or 10.8v battery.

Thanks for the help!

I found a 9.6v stick battery works great in my CA36 and is so easy to fit in the foregrip (after you have taken the small things on the barrel off, don't know names, if anyone got the CA36 this is the one thing I would say the HAVE to do, the battery space is so annoying if you don't) make sure you have something to hold it down otherwise it will fly down when you tip it down and therefore ruin the connectors. I ducktaped (I know it looks bad but with foregrip on no one knows anyway) my battery to the outer barrel. The ROF is intense and the battery easily lasts a day.

That power's a little high on this forum too.......

Power limit rule has been removed.

While not entirely internals but relating to them, I would suggest you buy the collapsible stock. Yes I know its not 100% accurate to the full gun but it sovles the battery issue. Now having said that, you are looking for FPS and ROF? Easy:

I dont care what brand you end up chosing but I always recommend Guarder Parts. Reliability wise getting all of one brand helps keep things running smooth!

So for the following put in your brand name infront of it, again I recommend Guarder as they have all the parts and they are relativly cheap.

V2/V3 Standard Ratio Gearsets (Yes I said that, you'll see why in a minute)

New Piston (CA one sucks)

New Polycarb Piston head (Alum wouldnt make much of a diff other than last alot longer) I would suggest one without the bearings but thats your choice

Systema Magnum (reason why you should get standard ratio not high speed :P)

Pinion gear same brand as gearset

tappet plate

air nozzle

GUARDER M120 spring (for sure Guarder, they have a tendancy to shoot hotter than listed, generally speaking they are also very consistent)

Bearing Spring Guide

new Cylinder

new Cylinderhead

fixed wiring

MOSFET

KV Stock (the G36 collapsible stock i think thats what it's called)

Tightbore Barrel, probably a 6.04 just to save any hassle or potential of "jamming"

There are some other modifications that could be done to the gears and piston to make the ROF go up but I would imagine based on my results of my CA M14's set up (which is torque up gears and magnum + 8.4v large battery) I get a stable and eye watering ROF. It's not too fast and not too slow :P It's pretty close to 19-20rps. Now all of the above should get you close to 420 if not over it a little. But if that doesnt do your fancy than get an M130 however I warn you an M130 will put you very close to your "max" listed.

Also some Cmags have a horrible time keeping up with high ROF set ups so chose your mag wisely. My friend runs an MG36 shooting somewhere around 30 RPS and none of his Cmags (rewired and put in a higher voltage batterY) can keep up with the ROF. His Bog standard hicap mags work far better than his CMags do.

His name is SilentVectorX he is on this forum and on ASR and does alot of high ROF stuff (great guy toO! :D) but he wont be back from being deployed till after this week, so you could shoot him a PM and hey may respond. If I get ahold of him I will try and redirect him to this page to help you out!

Good luck! Hopefully your wallet can support BB hosing :)

I've got one of those!

Internals:

Action 8mm AK47 gearbox, with Deep Fire metal AUG nozzle, and the rest of the G36 specific parts taken from my original CA gearbox.

Prometheus gears

A Deep Fire 2nd edition titanium piston, just installed it mainly to test it, hold up fine so far. The stock piston for this gearbox looked pretty good too, clone of Prometheus, it seems like.

I've also got an aluminium piston head, I think it's Systema, but really any manufacturer will do for these things.

And a Magnum motor with Eagle force pinion gear.

Except for the gears, which were XYZ stuff, the Action 8mm looked really good!

Shame it wasn't polished to that shiny finish on the inside too...

I also installed a Pro Win G36 hopup chamber with a Prometheus hopup rubber, works well.

At the moment the stock CA36E inner barrel is installed because i put the Prometheus barrel I had in another gun.

Hopup chambers and rubbers really have a huge effect on accuracy, and I haven't felt the need for another tightbore in this gun, especially as first shot kills aren't exactly a huge deal when it comes to MG's :P

The Prom barrels are great though, only jam I ever had was because a metal staple (!!!) got lodged in the hopup chamber together with a BB. I'd really like to know how that got there...

A 9.6V battery gave this thing an awesome rate of fire, and each semi shot turned in to a double tap. So I use an 8.4V with this.

Rate of fire isn't as high as UrPeaceKeeper's friend's, but my Star S-Mag still can't keep up, it feeds really slowly and often double feeds on semi. I tried a sector chip, but that screwed up the nozzle-chamber airseal. Maybe I'll try a differend chip one day.

That said, skipping a few shots now and then really doesn't bother me.

I ducktaped (I know it looks bad but with foregrip on no one knows anyway) my battery to the outer barrel. The ROF is intense and the battery easily lasts a day.

i ducktape a large battery to my p90 dont look pretty but i never have to go back to safe zone due to battery flat

Power limit rule has been removed.

thats nice to hear, can get info on my CO2 vsr when its finished (i heard these things can go to leathal velocities so need advice on setting things lmao.

Im sorry im no help with a CA36 as i use a JG G36

Archived