Making metal look like wood?

8tharmy

Thank you for your replies guys!

Its a rare one - the Ultima MP44

Mp44 originally has a wooden pistol grip plate, but the airsoft version was built differently inorder to hide the motor.

which is the only non authentic part of this gun.

paint it a very very dark brown late model MP44s grips were often that colour with zero wood grain or paterning showing.

to be honest its not the only part that isnt correct on them

the fireselect is all wrong too (same applies to the gas one)

and the AEG versions milled alloy pistol grip section looks thicker than the one on the gas version

biggest problem I have with the gas one is that the MP44 is just a big awkwardly weighted hunk of a gun to humph around and very tiring to fire from a shouldered position. On plus side lack of recoil and slightly lighter internals in the AEG version versus the gas one might help there a little (though I find its more an issue of the posture it forces you to take on and the uneven weigth distributuion of the gun rather than its all up weight perse).

Generaly I'd say be prepared to taking a bit of time to get used to it.

also Id need to dig mine out to say for sure but I could have sworn they were predominantly pressed alluminium rather than pressed steel

Your right mate!

The lower reciver is made out of alluminium but rest of the gun are steel constructed.

The grip was thicker than gas version inorder to hide the motor.

as for how much it improved its performance over the old shoei AEG p44, i thought the grip/selector part wasn't bothering me too much.

Since who could really tell the difference besides people who actually has had land their hands on one of these beaulties?

Thanks again for the tip mate!i'l try to paint it the way you told me : )

Archived