CA36 - New internals

Pkekyo-Nor

Ok, I bought a used CA G36 in the belief that all the work needed was to do the shimming over again. However, a previous owner has taken things into his own hands, and from the look of the gearbox, he was a complete muppet.

The motor is scrap, and the gearbox looks like ######.

In addition to this I will have to get a new HopUp unit.

Will it be worth it to do so, or should I just send back the gun and get my money back?

I really like the body and other features of the rifle, and the seller is offering to compensate me for some of my expenses.

I'm not quite sure though... The gun seems to get alot more expensive than I first intended.

Any experiences with this?

Are the gears ok? What about the mechbox shell? Those are the most expensive bits. Is he going to compensate you enough for you to buy at least a Modify(<-brand) tune up kit?

I personally love the CA36 for the externals and would've eventually replaced the internals anyways.

It's not me doing the shimming work (I wouldn't know how), so I outsourced that work.

I've gotten reports that the gearbox is borked, more specificly it -seems- like the shell has gone tits up, but the gears are salvagable...

I haven't gotten into specifics with the seller yet, as it's still unclear what needs replacing or not, but he says he won't leave the issue be until I have a 100% functional rifle.

Atm, I'm hoping he'll compensate me sufficiently so that I can get a new gearbox shell and a new TM EG1000 motor (only one in stock at my supplier)...

The supplier in question only have a G&P v2 gearbox though, will this fit/be good enough?

Basicly, I'm hoping he'll compensate me sufficiently to replace anything that's broken to be honest...

/EDIT: I will still have to pay for shipping and to get the work done though, (max price for the work at about 70 quid or so...a new CA36 would be like 200-250+ quid for me to import, if memory serves...)

i have no idea how you could "tits up" a V3..they are pretty solid..how is the motor scrap? are there rotor wires poking out of it?

Most of the time they just need a new pinion or brushes... unless it's burnt out it should still be usable.

V2 gearboxes WILL NOT fit.

I'm guessing that whoever did the shimming the last time didn't have a single clue what they were doing; there were screws flying loose around inside the gearbox/piston etc, it was completely tits up...

I haven't seen the motor myself, but I was told a change of brushes was attempted, didn't work...basicly, he couldn't get the motor to respond at all

1700 NOK... which in turn translates into about $310USD, €220 or £160

Bought it knowing that the gearbox had to get reshimmed, but didn't know anything else was wrong with it...

Send it back, but i'm not sure what response you'll get from the seller if he lied about the condition of it in the first place.

He didn't know it was in such *beep* shape internally, and has committed to help me fix up the gun. - economically or otherwise

I like the look and feel of the gun, so I really don't fancy just sending it back...

(In the price listed, a large foregrip, red dot replica, the G36C carryhandle and the original G36 carryhandle plus four mags, according to national rates, that's a really good deal - provided that the only thing wrong with it was the gearbox needing to get reshimmed)

/EDIT: He offered to refund the money and let me just send it back, but I temporarily declined, as I'd rather get this one fixed up

Archived