JG 417 Style Crane stock

Shriven

Right, the supplied crane stock battery with my JG HK416 w/ Crane Stock is painfully *albartroth*... So I want to get a big *beep* 9.6 and stick it in... does anyone with this stock know how big a battery you can stick inside?How long is the side tube ( bearing in mind it slopes) and how wide is it?

Obviously its really only the two side packs that matter thanks to the stocks design.

I've found some 1.2v NIMH 4300mah cells ( legal in the UK on the 1st April) that 43mm long by 23mm wide ( without tags), and am hoping to some sort diety that they'd fit with heat shrink etc. However my buddy doesn't reckon they'll fit so says I should go for 3300s but I'd like as much capacity as I can find.

My measurements are very rough at :

24mm by 137mm. My battery ( 3 cells) meausres at 131mm, and is quite recessed. Also I think you could squeeze 2-3mm into the stock pad.

I have the Hurricane one, and the JG is obviously a copy of it, but can it store cells in the pad?

You can fit a 9.6 4500mAh ok. I've got a 12V 1700mAh in mine myself, and the beauty of these is that the stock will go the whole way down e.t.c.

http://www.onlybatterypacks.com/showitem.asp?ItemID=11700.26

The way the JG Stock is designed to hold the cells is like *|* the asterixes being the ends of the two long packs, and the line being either a single or double cell lyind vertically in a tray inside the pas. Really good system imho.

Just as a general statement.. i just got some batteries for my 417 stock.. They certainly aren't standard, and nun chuck batteries don;t fit.

So.. i had to custom make mine, still running the 8.4 with 3300 mah ni-mh. But you can really put whatever you want in it... Remember to check the battery config, as stated before. it is like *l* , and it is best to make use of that 1 vertical cell.

If anyone is interested in the cost.. it is 25 quid from HK, with the custom made-ness

Archived