Spas purist look away

heroshark

I know that there was a variant brought out with a folding stock, as well as a larger model with a full SPAS stock (they were also known as KTW but they're exactly the same as the Dong San/Kangnam model) but as to whether they'd be compatible with the Marui SPAS shotgun i couldn't say for sure (not to mention that they'd be nigh on impossible to get ahold of) I suppose that they could be bodged to fit if you could source one.

I know that the Marui folding stock fits the Dong San SPAS (although, on the Dong San version, you have to move the fire selector - which doubles as the rear sight - to the back position to allow it to fit onto the sight.) There is a spring loaded locking lug on the Dong San pistolgrip which gives credence to a possible aftermarket SPAS folder to be fitted, but to allow the Marui folder to lock in either folded or unfolded position you'd have to either source a smaller spring loaded lug to fit in the Dong San grip or somehow file the Dong San lug a bit smaller to allow the lug catch in the folding stock to allow the lug to pop through and lock down.

• 2 months later...

more than likely someone will suggest a hacksaw. Now i can offer a suggestion (might work, might not... it did for my inner barrel that i had to modify slightly for my Desert eagle 10" barrel, but that was for an inner barrel) If the material isn't too thick, you could try a plumbers pipe cutting tool.

Like i said though, off hand i don't know how thick the outer barrel is and if the pipe tool would actually be able to cut through.

my 2 cents

I used a hacksaw. Just mark a line round the barrel ,and slowly saw around the barrel, with several small cuts making sure they line up. I'm not sure if pipe cutter would do it ,worth a try .If anything it'll give you a nice streight line to work too .If you have the flash then it doesn't matter so much if its perfect because it'll cover it up anyway.You'll have to make a couple of holes to put the front sight back on too .The hole for sight has to be countersunk so its flush with the inside of the barrel. Its all pretty streight forward. The mod makes it about as short as an m3 , its alot easier to wield in cqb .Heres a pic :)

100_2865.jpg

also if you don't want to chop your SPAS up you can get the PDI short barrel conversion kit. Zero One has them for £24.99. I know it costs more than chopping but if you're like me and would rather avoid doing irreversible mods to your guns then its probably worth the money.

• 4 weeks later...
I used a hacksaw. Just mark a line round the barrel ,and slowly saw around the barrel, with several small cuts making sure they line up. I'm not sure if pipe cutter would do it ,worth a try .If anything it'll give you a nice streight line to work too .If you have the flash then it doesn't matter so much if its perfect because it'll cover it up anyway.You'll have to make a couple of holes to put the front sight back on too .The hole for sight has to be countersunk so its flush with the inside of the barrel. Its all pretty streight forward. The mod makes it about as short as an m3 , its alot easier to wield in cqb .Heres a pic :)

Oh thats just f*cking awesome. There really aren't enough SPAS mods.

My SPAS has a RAS with an M6 attached (All my guns are M6 capable) and the pump is matte-black. I'm going to chop my barrel now! Might even get some tritium sights for it. I'll keep you all posted.

And heroshark, ever thought about posting that SPAS in the shotgun picture topic?

Oh thats just f*cking awesome. There really aren't enough SPAS mods.

My SPAS has a RAS with an M6 attached (All my guns are M6 capable) and the pump is matte-black. I'm going to chop my barrel now! Might even get some tritium sights for it. I'll keep you all posted.

And heroshark, ever thought about posting that SPAS in the shotgun picture topic?

cheers. I was gonna paint my grip & pump OG. Yours sounds nice ,it'll be good to see pic when its done. I didn't think mine worthy of the shotgun thread.

Archived