mp5 upgrades

F1amez

i am going to build an mp5 a4 tactical from scratch i have the main exterior parts but i dont have any interer parts other than broken parts im looking for advise on how to do the gear box cheaply cause i cant find a fairly cheap gearbox would be cheaper to buy an already made gearbox or make one myself with all the parts

how do u repair the cocking system of the mp5 a4 tactical??

Eh? What?

You want advice about fixing a problem you haven't figured out yet?

You need to take the front sight off the gun so you can see up the cocking tube.

You'll see a screw in the middle of the cocking handle shuttle. Remove it.

Remove the cocking handle.

Remove the shuttle.

Are any of those parts broken?

The usual fault is that the front has snapped off the shuttle because somebody's been slapping the cocking handle forward.

You CAN fix this simply by rebuilding the shuttle and using JB weld to piece it all back together.

When you're done gluing stuff, run a drill (or dremel) into the hole where the cocking handle fits in case the hole's been bunged-up with glue.

If you insist on slapping the cocking handle, get a length of rubber hose and shove it up the front of the cocking tube so it just starts to move the shuttle backwards by a couple of mm then cut it off flush with the front of the tube.

When you do this the shuttle hits the rubber hose before the handle can hit the side of the cocking tube and stops the handle snapping the front off the shuttle.

*EDIT*

Having read your latest post, it seems I wasted my time writing all that and the spring guide for the cocking spring is broken.

i think the long thing that the spring goes on is broke but im not shore for deffinate every time i try 2 pull the cockin lever the spring allways coyles is there a way to stop it from coylin all the time??

Please fix your spelling next time...

And the thing you're talking about is the spring guide, its just a piece of plastic that helps the spring coil correctly..

Archived