Star M6 + laser

Smith5

I like the look of the Star QD M6 + laser but cant find any reviews on it anywhere. Has anyone got one or used one and can tell me if its worth the money or not?

Thanks

Starfury has one, say's it's very good for what it is, currently using it on his MP5 RAS. holds the laser dot's position very well, the flashlight is more than adequate. Isn't as bright as my LED torch, however, that is uncannily bright. He reckons the only downside to his unit is that the remote switch has a dry soldered connection in it (not broken, but cuts out at the switch joint occasionally). good unit for the price, very very robust, but takes 2 x CR123a cells, which aint cheap!

There was actually a thread about this not to long ago but Im feeling pretty lazy tonight so I will leave it to you to find.

If I remember correctly general opinion was that is was OK.

The best thing I could say to you is to check US ebay for the real deal. Insight's M6 is obviously more expensive than the Star M6 but with the current exchange rate you might pick up a bargain. Worth a look anyway.

Its worth noting also that many US ebay seller wont ship this type of item to the UK.

If you can't find any who will ship to the UK just send some polite emails and Im sure you will find someone willing to sell you one.

I recall answering this not long ago too.

I have one and it's decent enough.

At first I thought there was something wrong with the battery cover (which also contains the switch) cos I'd have to wiggle it around to get the light to work. Wasn't impressed at all.

A bit of investigation revealed that there was a spikey blob of solder in the bottom end of the battery compartment, which was stopping the battery making a reliable contact.. I can't recall if it was attached to a wire or a spring but that's beside the point.

I attacked it with a dremel, ground the blob of solder down slightly and it's been faultless ever since. :)

All in all, the light isn't terrifically bright. I'm told it's supposed to be 60 lumen but I reckon more like 40-50. The laser isn't bad for a dinky little 5mw jobbie.

I seem to recall Rob15 had one and the selector knob dropped to bits almost as soon as he touched it. Mine's been fine however. Maybe some lack of QC there?

I have two of them, one works superbly.

The other hasn't worked so far. the switch was broken on arrival. <_<

I bought it on Cobra airsoft, and they don't take anything back when it's an accessory. <_<

I have two of them, one works superbly.

The other hasn't worked so far. the switch was broken on arrival. <_<

I bought it on Cobra airsoft, and they don't take anything back when it's an accessory. <_<

Serious? Even if it was defective from the factory?

Thats some p*ss poor customer service!

how much is is being sold for?. i bought mine ins hk for 20 quid. and it realllly is worth the money. Lazer is awesome, as it is all zero-d up when it came out of the box (well for my 2020 anyway!). nice piece of kit.. BUT.. i have noticed, when firing with the lazer on, sometimes the lazer cuts out cos of the recoil( something to do with the battery cover not quite working well)..

But in all.. nice stuff.. looks the part!

Archived