Spring guns?

TanfoglioRebel

I've actually moved back to springers. While I do have a fairly decent collection of GBB's and NBB's, I always seem to be falling back to my springers.

My TM Mk23, 1911A1, Ruger KP85 and UHC 1911A1 and MP5DS3 all seem to have the range of some of my GBB's, are far more dependable in bad weather and I dont have to worry about breaking something if it's dropped or slammed int a wall during CQB.

We reciently had a springer only CQB skirmish and it was a refreshing change. Nothing like taking on multiple opponents with a springer where every shot counts.

I also don't worry as much about screwing it up when doing customizing work. I just did some work on a pair of UHC P85's and now have a pair of .12 guns that are shooting flat out to 80 feet.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not dumping any of my gas guns, but I'm having a pretty good time using these springers.

Thats how our lot started off. I bought a load of cheap springers and we used to have mini skirmishes and i can tell you that to pick off the enemy silently with a springer pistol really got the old adrenaline flowing

I have the TM Mk23 NBB and Springer and just for laughs and giggles, I took the silencer for the NBB and put it on the springer. It works (to a fashion).

Instead of the crack noise, I got more of a thump. While I don't believe it "silenced" the pistol, it did change the "tone". It also had no effect on accuracy which was a plus as the gun is very accurate as is. I also put the LAM on it, just to give it a little more weight and to give it the "look".

I've actually had good luck with my springers. The only one that gave me a hard time and I finally gave up on it, was a HFC USP. I could'nt get that thing to perform no matter what I did to it.

I'm having great luck with my TM's(naturally), UHC's (including a 6" Python that's just fun to play with when I'm in a "revolver" mood), KWC's and believe it or not a WELL M16A4 which just wont die and has been great for my kids during backyard wars!

I'd like to see more springer skirmishes. If anything, it helps to get more people involved who are not ready to lay down the cash for a gas gun or AEG.

Archived