Teardown for KSC USP?

Gazza.M

Sorry, I don't have any pictures, but it's not too hard since I did the same upgrade on my KWA USP.  I'm not sure if the part numbers will match up though, but here is my walkthrough with part names and numbers refered from the manual.  First you have to press out the inner barrel pin (part 13) that's holding the assembly together.  Then, you need a thin object like a jeweller's flathead screwdriver to push down the inner barrel elevator plunger (part 14) which should enable you to slide the inner barrel (part 10) and the hop up assemble out in one peice.  You may need to wiggle it a bit to get it past the inner barrel sleeve (part 12), this should easily slide off once removed from the outer barrel.  Be sure that the inner barrel elevator plunger, elevator spring, and elevator cap (parts 14, 15, 16) are in a safe place as they will fall out without the inner barrel installed.  To disassemble the hop up, I recommend removing the the barrel grip (part 18) first which should easily unclip from the inner barrel, then remove the inner barrel retaining rings (part 11, 2 peices).  With those removed, you can turn the hop up adjustment cylinder (part 17) about 180 degrees until the hop up ball (part 19) is visible in the cylinder's slot, it should be sitting in an indent of the barrel chamber seal (part 20).  Put that hop up ball in a safe place, now you can pull the adjustment cylinder towards the front of the inner barrel and carefully remove the barrel chamber seal.

To put it back together, I recommend sliding the hop up adjustment cylinder on the inner barrel first before installing the barrel chamber seal.  The chamber needs to be carefully lined up with the inner barrel during reinstallation, the easist thing would be to align the chamber's hop up nub to the cutout on the inner barrel, there is also a ridge directly opposite of the nub that will fit in a notch milled into the inner barrel.  Slide the adjustment cyclinder over the chamber seal with the indent on the chamber seal visible in the slot and put the hop up ball back in, turn the adjustment cylinder about 180 degrees till the slot is now opposite of where the chamber seal indent was.  Make sure to keep notice of where that nub is (should be on top) when reinstalling the rest of the parts, the barrel grip will have it's open end pointed down while the inner barrel sleeve will be pointing up with the narrower section pointing towards the front, the inner barrel retaining rings really shouldn't matter but you can follow the diagram in your manual.  When sliding the inner barrel assembley back it, you will need to have the inner barrel elevator assembly held down, this time the inner barrel sleeve will be more of a hassle, but a bit of careful wiggling will get it past that and you can stop holding the elevator plunger down once you get to the hop up adjustment cylinder.  Reinstall the inner barrel pin and you're good to go.  Good luck!

Excellent help thank you! For future ref for anyone else I'll attached the exploded view of the USP with parts numbered.

post-51373-1209623372_thumb.jpg

Gazza that manual setup guide is for KWA not KSC USPs. They are entirely different since I used to own a KSC.

Wrong manual.

Gazza that manual setup guide is for KWA not KSC USPs. They are entirely different since I used to own a KSC.

Wrong manual.

I have a KSC right here, and I partially stripped it down to compare with the manual... it looks like that KWA manual shows it... my Japanese manual shows the same diagram... although it has another exploded view too, that has different part numbers.

Can anyone confirm that the KWA manual I posted refers to the KSC (Taiwan) USP 45?

The manual shows for a USPc. I know that the .45 ver has a different gas block, slide catch, and spring guide double function.

The KSC and the KWA are different in that the barrel block, hop up, removal pin for barrel and hop up, slide breach, gas block internals, and even the magazine slide cache is totally different from the KWA's.

If you need help with your KSC I suggest looking on google "airsoft GBB manuals" or you can guestimate (has been known to work) the job you are doing.

I recommend looking for a .PDF KSC manual expansion just to be safe.

The manual shows for a USPc. I know that the .45 ver has a different gas block, slide catch, and spring guide double function.

The KSC and the KWA are different in that the barrel block, hop up, removal pin for barrel and hop up, slide breach, gas block internals, and even the magazine slide cache is totally different from the KWA's.

If you need help with your KSC I suggest looking on google "airsoft GBB manuals" or you can guestimate (has been known to work) the job you are doing.

I recommend looking for a .PDF KSC manual expansion just to be safe.

I have googled, which is where my info came from. I understood KWA = KSC Taiwan. Other posts on this board claim KSC Taiwan = KSC Japan in parts too.

You may be right that the airsplat KWA manual is for the USPc even though they listed it as for the USP45.

I will post some further info to try to add clarity.

Gazza.. what part of NZ ya in?

If you are in Chch.. I know there is someone down there who can help..

Wellington actually. I'll be OK, I can see what needs to be done. Just puzzled at the apparent disagreement here about what diagrams actually belong to the KSC USP45

OK, mostly done. I have taken pictures and will post in time.

Livingplasma's procedure matches exactly, and the references he gives relate exactly to what I have here (KSC Taiwan USP45) and to the Airsplat manual diagram I posted and diag #1. Sorry BoE.Soldius but you seem to be wrong in your comments.

Just the problem of getting the barrel / hop-up assembly back in with that little sprung brass plunger in place. I can't see how to depress it and get the inner barrel sleeve past it. The clearance is very close to zero. Can any who've done this please give advice?

OK, so I'm talking to myself in here at the mo. What about using a feeler gauge to hold down that plunger...?? it might fit in the clearance that isn't there. I don't have any, but might just go and buy some tomorrow. The airsoft gunsmiths that work on these things must have the right technique for this... ???

I just double checked my own KWA's USP.45 manual and the link to the USPc disassembley guide davedawg123 posted and BoE.Solidus is correct in saying that it's actually  the USPc manual.  I never noticed the difference because most of the parts look the same and the diagram in my manual is small.  Diagram #2 that Gazza.M posted is the exploded diagram for the KSC USP.45 parts that are different from the USPc, looks like those are the correct part numbers to refer to.  In the case of my procedure, part 16 would be part 116, part 10 would be 110 etc.  Mine didn't come with this addenum, nor did it come with the safety lock key.

Gazza.M, I used a very small and fine jeweller's screwdriver (like 1mm wide), but a feeler guage would probably work.  As I said, you have to wiggle it and work it a bit, but it's doable, and I noticed it is easier to remove the inner barrel assembley than it is to reinstall.  An exacto knife or maybe a sewing needle might be a better tool though, you can also depress the plunger more from the side for a bit more clearance to work with.

OK, thanks for clarifying the diagrams.

I'm going to try the feeler gauge and see how easy that makes it.

Mine was a G&P custom from WGC Shop. It has a metal outer barrel, and maybe the tolerance there is tighter. Still, the guys in HK who assembled it must have put it together easily as it looked factory inside.

More on this...

A feeler gauge was perfect for putting the barrel back and holding down the plunger. I used a 10 thou one, and it removed all the difficulty.

After reassemble though I had a problem following the replacement of the pin that retains the barrel assembly. The barrel would no longer move freely up and down with that installed. I can't figure out why though, as it moved easily before the pin was put back in.

When attempting to move the barrel up and down it to free it the whole thing came back out in my hand. I'm not sure the barrel retainer hadn't been damaged at some stage. I've ordered some spare replacements for a couple of the parts as backup, and I'll reassemble when I get time in a day or two.

One other tool I'm getting to make this job easy is a pin punch. I think a 1.5mm punch will be the closest. The retaining pin is just on 2mm diameter. The right tool for the job makes the job easy and damage free.

Lastly. I've learnt the manuals as uploaded apply to the USP >>SERIES<<. All are relevant. So the part numbers livingplasma originally gave ARE correct for the USP45. The two pages cover all parts for both guns. I've just ordered some of the parts referred to by the numbers given and they were listed by the supplier as being for the USP45... They certainly match exactly what my gun has.

The only things I can think of for you to check other than your suggested tolerance issue would be the inner barrel sleeve for possible damage during removal/reinstallation, the inner barrel assembley is pushed in as far as it will go and seated properly, the pin is still straight and if you reinstalled the right parts.

The only things I can think of for you to check other than your suggested tolerance issue would be the inner barrel sleeve for possible damage during removal/reinstallation, the inner barrel assembley is pushed in as far as it will go and seated properly, the pin is still straight and if you reinstalled the right parts.

My guess is its the inner barrel sleeve. That has some scarring on the bottom and the surface where the pin would lock against. I'll know when I try to reseat it again. I'm getting that pin punch first though to make the job of removing the pin as easy as I can make it. Got all the parts involved coming from UNCompany with some other spares I wanted so I'm covered if there is a problem.

I did have trouble with the PDI .01 barrel being slightly wider through the section that sits in the barrel sleeve than the stock barrel that was fitted. I removed a very slight amount of material from the inner sides of the barrel sleeve to allow it to move freely in there. Without that it wouldn't tilt either.

Arrrgh... UNCompany were the only one with the parts showing in stock (or at least not showing "out of stock") Of course in their order confirmation just received they say they are all "out of stock". None of the other usual suppliers in Hong Kong are showing stock on them either. How do I buy spares for the USP??? Help!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just a footnote. The inner barrel wnet in without trouble the second time I tried. Must have misaligned the barrel sleeve first time.

I'd still like to know where I can buy spares for the USP. All the HK suppliers list the KSC parts, but none have any stock.

Any advice?

Archived