Spectrum rules!

Sledge

Speccy or Commodore?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Speccy or Commodore?

• The mighty Speccy!
    • The Commodore 64. I have no taste and deserve pain.

Yes! The great '80s playground argument returns! Stuff all this "My 30 gigahertz processor pwns your Intel 8 doofer" cod droppings. Let's get to the real issue. What 8 bit machine rules?

For me it's the Speccy. I had the glorious rubber keyboard 48k. Then upgraded to the mighty +2A, and enjoyed Death Wish 3 with ingame music! Target Renegade without multi-load! Ah, those were the days. Surely everyone must love the humble Speccy?

Or do you favour the vomitous mass that was the C64? maybe graphics that made you think a tramp had barfed on your screen really worked for you. And all that beige was really stylish...

Well, either way, bring it on!

*Speechless*

*But not for long*

What?!!? Damn sight better than spending three days trying to get Doom 12 to work on some over-priced penis extension.

Doom12 will be downloaded directly to the humans central nervous system, and the hyperthreaded core of cyborgs, DUH...wait...said too much...

I guess Speccie was a big hit in UK, judging by the classic magazines like C+VG and Zzapp! I used to read back in the late 80´s/early 90´s. It never succeeded here in Scandinavia, very much like Amstrad CPC.

I voted for C64, still remember those Laser Squad and Airborne Ranger sessions... Oh yes, and the "great" action games by Ocean! :rolleyes:

Big girls blouses? Wha?!? :blink:

Speccy all the way. I had the 128k +2 model with a <hushed tones> built-in tape deck. Woooooo

I remember watching unpleasant colours and screechy sounds playing for fifteen minutes before you realised the bloody game loading had crashed and you had to start again.

Chuckie Egg anyone? What about Manic Miner?

What's funny is these days whenever you see an egg-timer or a CD access symbol you start drumming your fingers after about five seconds.

Oh for the patience I had trying to get Super Bombjack to load...

PS Anyone else use to read Your Sinclair? That was a great magazine :)

*showing my age now

Archived