Maruzen Walther P99 hop springs

GuzziHero

Im asking this question for a friend who isnt on this forum...so Ill just copy his query post needs to know ;)

---

does anyone know where you can get manuals of a walther P99 from?

i managed to get soil and ###### in mine yesterday, i've got the off and cleaned, only problem is the rear bit that put's a new BB in the chamber has a three springs, i've found out where two go but i've got one left over.

---

I know nothing about GBBs, so I cant really help him.

Thanks on behalf of my buddy for any help you can give :)

There's only one spring in the hop-up of a Maruzen P99 GBB.

There's an octagonal collar that presses down on the hub up nub. The spring goes directly under it to push the collar upward.

The P99 is a very fiddly gun.

Are we sure he's talking about the spring in the hop-up or the pile of bits that make the decocker and loaded indicator work?

If it's the latter then, TBH, unless he paid attention when he took it to bits he's gonna have a hard time rebuilding it.

Might be better if he got some pictures of the gun up so we can see what he's working with.

For example, it's all very well me telling you that the hop-up spring wedges under an octagonal collar but, if the little platform that holds the adjuster screw has broken off, he could end up sitting there thinking "WTF? There's nothing for a spring to press on!"

Heh,

Can't help noticing that the spring isn't shown on that drawing.

Part #31 is the collar I was talking about and part #32 is the grub screw that adjusts it (even though the description is in japanese it also gives the size - M3 x 4mm) but it doesn't show that there's also supposed to be a tiny spring that is place over the grub screw to push the collar upwards, away from the screw, and reduce the hop-up until you tighten the screw to pull the collar downward.

yeah fiddly little buggers they are... reminds me i need to get those parts to fix mine.

I may be getting some re-inforced part #69's.. i seme to have gone through a number of these and they always seem to bend at the back, causing the slide to jam back and give very week blowback. if anyone wants some, give me a yell and i'll get pricing details. The stock part looks cast from really cheap metal

Maruzen_P99b.jpg

Archived