Unsafe imports

Delfi

I think most people bin the chargers that are packaged with chinese guns straight away, don't they?

Given that they usually have a pokey output of summat like 250mA, even charging an 1,100mAH battery is an excrutiatingly long-winded process.

Still, this might give a minority of people the prod they need to invest in a proper charger.

I think most people bin the chargers that are packaged with chinese guns straight away, don't they?

As much as I'd like that to be true, people seem to know hardly anything about batteries, let alone chargers. On another forum I saw someone giving details of how to use a 2 pin charger in a 3 pin socket with the addition of a screwdriver to the earth pin.

As much as I'd like that to be true, people seem to know hardly anything about batteries, let alone chargers.

Sadly that seems to be true in a lot of cases, i've recently noticed a lot of cheap ACM chargers being sold on ebay and these forums. If i have an ACM charger i cut the leads and bin them, better safe than sorry, especially when you can get a decent charger for about £20 these days.

on most websites such as WolfArmouries and Zero one , they tell you they dont cover the charger or the battery, i believe wolf even goes as far as to "recommend" to throw away the charger and battery and get new ones.. people who make these probably get payed £1 a day to make these things ,why should they give a *fruitcage*

god your an idiot,.

the CE mark is a requirment of importation into the EU to comply with Hand S legislaiton amongst other things (mainly h and S) . as such its required for all items and the responsibility lies with the importer. IE wolf, AA etc to ensure that there goods comply with the countries legislation where it is sold.

and now look at your CA or TM buys. do they have it ANYWHERE on them or the packaging, item or instruction manuals ?

i just checked the details for the TM pythin 6 inch and whatda you know. no CE marks. so its not legal to sell in the UK and where did i get it? 6 Mil.

fake CE marks are used to make it easier to flog dodgy gear but the fact that no AS stuff has a CE mark makes it even worse as they arnt even pretending to comply

I don't see the need for rudeness... I have to say though, I don't see your point.

The article posted is about the dangers of items being sold in the UK which are unsafe but may be marked in such a way that indicates they are safe.

Your first post, I'll admit I misunderstood it, not sure that makes me stupid though, you claim was talking about the fact that most (I'm fairly sure my classic army box had a CE mark on it) isn't rated to prove its safe. However, thats got nothing to do with cheap batteries/chargers catching fire/causing electrocutions and so on.

the CE mark applies more in the UK due to the odd standing of H and s IN uk Law. basicaly due to an opt out the EU redid dome stuff so that it applies ot the home as well as to the workplace hence we have such liabilites issue in a small consdensed nutshell.

if your given anything in the work place which doent carry a CE mark you can refuse to use it with no threat to your position including things like pens and staplers.

sorry for being harsh but anything sold in the EU needs a CE mark and all the retailers ignore ir OR and this is more lily dont know they need it.

it is a widly spouted but little understood buit of law which is even crapped on in the press.

the mail today had a story about chinees duck ccokers which wernt CE labled which are resuling in kitchens being prented from using the, as a result. which is pissing off the chefsa no end. thop its not WHAT is cooked but what on. all it takes it to ge tthem CE certified (ok hard work) and then its goood to go BUT as they are they are unusable.

simply importers should just ditch the ACM batts and chargers as standard and possiblt rewire the guns to EU spec wiring.

oh and get together to get an EU wide seafty inspection done on all AS stuff they sell to ensure that they comply to the relevent legislation (which is beyiond biblical in scale) which once done can be used to stamp all suchitems from the same maker as ok *unless they cahnge manyfactuing stuffs)

simply importers should just ditch the ACM batts and chargers as standard and possiblt rewire the guns to EU spec wiring.

Surely the warning in the original post is more intended for people who are importing things themselves? And don't realise how potentially dangerous they could be?

Archived