New sniper - full blown sniper rifel?

snipernoob

What if you go out and spend £300/$600 for a decent full on 500fps boltie and kit, but then after half a day playing you decides sniping isnt your cup of hot beverage? You are left with a rifle that you have dificulty using, a pile of equipment you dont need any more, and an empty wallet. All of which have to be rectified before you can get a half decent AEG.

Where as with something along the lines of a M14/G3/FAL etc if you find that sniping on the extremes of AEG range is fun but you would like more range, you can either upgrade it or save up and buy the 500fps all singing all dancing bolt action, but you will still have a very useable gun until you do.

Well you could probably get away with :

JG Bar10 @ 105quid

ACM Scope @ 30 quid

you dont need a bipod

and most scopes come with mounts especially the china ones, if not you can pick up some cheap mounts for about a tenner. some of the rifles even come with a scope, you dont need any thing fancy for airsoft, nor if your just trying it out.

So thats more like 140quid than 200 quid.

You dont need to buy gucci kit or extra gear if you are just giving it ago, VSR mags are tiny and fit in pockets.

as been said on a previous thread, you dont need a ghillie.

Which aint bad. and you could probably sell it for bout 90-100 once youve done with it.

• 1 month later...

Yeah , action hobbies FTW, I got my BAR-10 Gspec from paul @ £120 inc scope and mounts, very nice bit of kit.

I will probably get around to putting a smaller scope on it sometime soon (I love the 1.5-5X20 simmons on my M14, so I need to find another one!)

But the included scope is good, and the mounts are fine.

VSR's/BAR-10 are a lot simpler in there design than AEG's and I much prefer working on mine to rebuilding V2 gearboxes...

Jim

Archived