STAR L1A1 disassembly

GuzziHero

Im trying to downgrade my new STAR L1a1. I've already part-cracked the nozzle (It still goes into the hop so no biggie) because theres no god damned manual with it.

Ive gotten the foreend off now, the top cover and the fake bolt. What do I need to do now to get the gearbox out? Im guessing I need to remove 2 pins from the receiver (above the trigger).

Cheers in advance.

i have the SLR but never taken it apart, aint broke dont fix till it is sort of thing

So what do you do when its far too hot for the sites we play at? Serious question because the hopup in my STAR FNC broke while downgrading it from 372fps and i've never been able to use it.

Maybe I'm just a klutz (maybe? HAHA) but that is an abysmal gun to work on. Everything that COULD go wrong, did.

Hint to anyone opening the gearbox...dont bother putting the internal trigger spring back - the one behind the trigger itself does the job just fine and you'll get a more pleasant trigger pull.

Things Ive learnt:

Pull the cocking handle back and push the barrel forward slightly BEFORE cracking the gun open. You may damage the nozzle otherwise.

This takes a standard nozzle. This information is valuable in case you forget the above.

The ARL is a very very tenuous catch on the primary gear. Be sure that it is in place after reassembling the gearbox.

The safety switch is an awkward thing. The selector plate is also VERY weak. Mine has broken just with gentle pulling of the trigger in safe so now I have no safety catch.

Well, Ive worked on this ****bag all day and its still not working. Seems the nozzle isnt sealing properly. All because STAR dont have the god damned decency to give you a manual or warn you that their *****y hop design will smash the nozzle if you dont push the hop forward when opening the gun.

What a load of ****.

i wouldnt hold your breath on star sending a replacement lol as for the manual you download the 3 page one from the "catalogue" section where i got the exploded diagram from.

when i got my SLR i was abit surprised to see no manual i mean i got one with my A&K M249 so i thought that a rather large company would at least give you a manual, but thats the way the cookie crumbles lol

sniper rules, 20m engagement minimum, no head shots, play with common sense etc and some of the sites i know are allowing semi-auto only rifles up to 425fps.

Yeah thats a lot of help when the main feature of the gun that made me buy it was 3rnd burst and the sites i play at allow 350 and nothing more.

EDIT : When i got my FNC i couldn't find a manual on STARs website at all either!

Yeah thats a lot of help when the main feature of the gun that made me buy it was 3rnd burst and the sites i play at allow 350 and nothing more.

EDIT : When i got my FNC i couldn't find a manual on STARs website at all either!

well seen as the FNC and the SLR are different weapons and the SLR been semi only i think its only recently that they have been uploading em

Before I install this MP5K nozzle, find out it doesnt work, and go all emo on y'all...can anyone confirm for me that the MP5K nozzle will work with this? If not, which nozzle do I need?

To me, the MP5K nozzle looks closest to the STAR one. Large internal diameter, straight outside, bevelled end. Unless someone knows differently :)

try fire-support for spares for STAR aeg's. STAR are never the fastest company when it comes to releasing spares however fire-support have come up trumps for me on a number of occasions.

I have a SLR which needs downgrading and I'm planning to get around to it in the next few weeks hopefully after reading this thread it will be plane sailing.

I got the MP5K nozzle from there. If it doesnt work, I'll try the L85 and M249 ones till I get one that does. Cheers :)

---

When downgrading, be VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY careful with the hop unit/nozzle :D I cant stress that enough.

VERY!

Oh, one handy thing is, once you do get the GB out, you just have to put a no.6 allan key in the back of the gearbox to get the spring out. Its annoying that you have to desolder the motor wiring though.

Also be very careful not to pinch/damage the wiring on reassembly - the sheathing is easily broken (even a reasonable tug will tear it).

Archived