AEP or GBB for Sniper sidearm?

WillBrayJr

I'm sorry but I really dont think AEP's are even close to GBB's in terms of range and accuracy

Have you fired one?

My TM 18c AEP (admittedly upgraded a little) fires at 245 fps, with better range and accuracy than most of the SMG AEGs at my local, the rounds take a bit longer to get there but an average pistol encounter is usually 15m so it's not that much of an issue.

The only pistols that beat it for range are really the TM MK23 NBB ( another popular sniper sidearm)

The Berretta M93R is nice , but an awkward shape to find a holster for ( due to the fold out grip under the trigger guard)

I would say

Either a TM 18c or a MK23 would be very good, But then I have both and I find it hard to choose which to take out with me on the day...

TM MK23 also makes a good sniper primary with a G-Spec barrel run through the silencer.

Jim

If you go for an AEP back up I'd go for the TM USP instead of the M93R. I have the '93 and while its nice its also big and even more so with the light unit on which is an essential with AEPs IMO.

I'd go with a TM Socom for backup as you can stay hidden and still take out the enemy and it has more range than an AEP.

Personally I use my Socom when I feel the need to be sneaky and it rocks. Due to me being a bit of a sneaky bugger I get quite close to small groups and pick them off with it making them think theres a sniper some where off in the distance which is quite funny especially if they notice me and where I am.

If you want to upgrade it a standard tightbore and either .25's (nice accuracy) or even .28's (less range but hit harder) are a good place to start along with propane in the mags.

TM MK23 also makes a good sniper primary with a G-Spec barrel run through the silencer.

Jim

Doesnt the TM socom run at stupid FPS with a G-Spec barrel?

id have to echo captain hats sentiments on this, i love GBBs and despise AEGs/AEPs/NBBs............. but.............. if youre lookin for a sniper back up they a TM socom or cyma glock 18c aep wont send you wrong, they are reliable and quite, the socom more so, the 18c havin the option of FA........

however if you need full auto as a sniper either you or your spotter arent doin their jobs right.

a KJW Ruger Mk1, whilst they have an absolute pig of a trigger pull which takes away from the accuracy, they are quite, cheap and fairly powerful.

Doesnt the TM socom run at stupid FPS with a G-Spec barrel?

Thats why I use that MK23 as a primary (sniper rifle MED though)

With a stock gspec barrel and a nineball hop rubber she runs at 415 fps on propane.

One day I will get around to putting a wire stock on her.

My other TM MK23 is totally stock and used as a sidearm, both run exclusively on propane and Guarder 0.28 HPM's so I can

interchange the mags and ammo in the field.

Also bear in mind that the KJW MK1 (I have one too!) can hit 380-400 fps on green in hot weather so you need to be careful of site

fps limits

Jim

P.S. Also the Tanaka 10" barreled revolvers and the KJW "mk23" run very hot on green/propane , we clocked a stock Tanaka M500 10" revolver on propane at around 430 fps

My KJW Assassin (the clone Mk23) with the barrel extension that runs through the silencer runs at about the same power as my uprated VSR-10 (and is almost as accurate with .28s) when I run it on green. I'm thinking of replacing the two-part barrel with a single-piece one.

I use that as a sniper primary sometimes. It's all kinds of fun- and much easier to sneak into bushes with!

M870 sawn-off.

Usually scares enemies just that enough to win the time to retreat to a safer location (read: getting covered by your teammates). It's easy transportable on your back, is super reliable and can get quite a bit of accuracy.

I have heard good stuff about the NBB Maruzen P99, very slient if im not mistaken? (And 350fps)

When mine was stock, it clocked about 383 fps on propane at room temp (~19C).

They can go much higher of course in the summer.

However, I cut the hammer spring down and now mine runs at 330 at room temp, much better.

One thing to note with the Maruzen nbb p99 is the tendency for the release valves on the mags to jam open, which is extremely annoying, that is why I use the mk23 all year round, the p99 is just for show now.

Archived