Xcortech X3200 Owners

Apex

Do you own one of these chronograph ?

I've been happy with the chronograph but of late i've started to question the readings.

A Fully upgraded TM Gspec with a 150% spring should be reading 400fps + on this chronograph and has been measured at 410 on a unlisted chronograph but this weekend it was lucky to be hitting 230fps going by it's readings.

Other RIFS that where put through.

TM mk23 socom when warm 360fps when cold 300fps

ICS MP5 320fps

VFC AKSU 315fps

M4 350fps

TM G36 260fps

CA G36 320fps

Army R85 stock spring 320fps ( should be 350 if stock readings of these rifs are anything to go by )

2nd Army R85 with a M110 spring 326fps

My own thoughts are that this chronograph seems to under measure slightly ( not as much as the guarder ones, a JG HK416 that had been tested at around 410/420 on other chronographs was hitting 380 when tested on the guarder )

It is either that or it can not read above 400fps and when it does; returns a odd reading, it's either that or the fact that the battery s where low affected the readings more then i expected

any thoughts

Mine's never given me a problem, it does happily read over 400fps, I seen it read 600fps before. Only time I've gotten lower than expected readings is when I've not notice the gun was off and the BB has clipped the inside tube.

Change the batteries. And when you say you're comparing chronographs, you're comparing them side by side?

The definately read over 400fps as it certainly had no problems reading an M4 running at 18rps at 525fps :>_>: This was an experiment in combining a G+P M160, a Guarder M140 and Prommy high speed gears and by no means my typical skirmish set up.

But like Catman said, if you have the gun or chrono at a slight angle when you shoot through it the reading can be skewed which is why my M4 sometimes chronoes at 180fps...then shoots right back up to 348fps on the next shot when the angle is right for a straight shoot through.

I've not found that much difference between my X3200 and the Guarder 2000 used at my local site, if I chrono 347-350 at home I chrono the same on site bar one instance where I hit 351 on the Guarder.

Mine reads over 400 with no issue. :)

IMG_5090.JPG

The first one I had ordered turned out to be defective, but the next one has worked like a charm. However, I have a feeling it runs +/-10fps sometimes. Which I think can be explain by what RSM said about the angle.

Archived