video review A.M.C Aimpoint Micro T-1

Well, I got my Aimpoint Micro T-1 w/ Larue QD mount replica in the mail from Dragon Red today.

Looks great, feels solid, after replacing the battery (which was almost dead right out of the box) the red dot looks very nice and the brightness settings work well. But... the windage and elevation adjustment knobs DO NOT work!

Needless to say I am contacting Dragon Red to send this defective model back for a replacement.

Also, unlike the eBayBanned version the original poster had, the Larue QD mount replica that comes with the Dragon Red Aimpoint Micro T1 replica is a solid one piece design. Meaning that you cannot remove the tall riser for a low profile QD mount. Very disappointing to me since I was planning to use it on an airsoft shotgun and the high profile QD mount just looks ridiculous on it. So that's a bit of a disappointment as well.

Anyway, I'll keep you guys updated and let you know how the return/replacement process goes with Dragon Red. I'm thinking it should go smoothly though, since I had a problem with an EOTech 552 replica I ordered from them a few months back (windage/elevation adjustment screw heads just snapped off when you tried to adjust them) and they quickly refunded the cost of the item just a few days after I sent it back.

Ok, I will share my Dragon Red experience. I've got mine now too.

I ordered it, waited a while and got it (no way right). I took it out of the box, it was setup with the low mount. I took it off and threw on the (seemingly so far) high quality Larue riser and threw it on my SCAR. I noticed it's very sold and doesn't wiggle. I went outside and adjusted the dot, both elevation and windage worked just fine. The brightness adjustment dial is a bit loose so it tuns a little to easy (causing it to get accidentally turned on from time to time) but when on it's dot is as good of quality as my G&P aimpoint and it zeros fine. I'm lucky I guess?

I will admit, I feel a bit foolish now. I decided to go back and try adjusting the T-1 replica's windage and elevation again and I noticed that after a minute or so of unscrewing and screwing back in the adjustment screws the dot started to move a little. It didn't adjust fully, but it did move a little. So I kept at it and after about 15 minutes of unscrewing and screwing back in the adjustment screws the sight was fully adjustable in both windage and elevation!

It seems like the tube on the inside of the sight that is adjusted by the screws was just a little sticky right out of the box but after working the screws in and out for 15 minutes the tube was no longer stuck and now adjusts freely as it should.

So T-1 sight is working just fine now. I'm really enjoying how crisp and clear the dot is, much better than any replica sight I've used to date. The dot is just as perfectly round and clear as on my real $445 C-More Tactical sight, absolutely fantastic.

Needless to say I will not be returning the sight now ^_^

For your viewing pleasure, a little eye candy of the Aimpoint Micro T-1 replica mounted on my main weapon (a fully pimped out Maruzen CA870 with lots of real steel parts and accessories)...

DSC00158.jpg

DSC00160-1.jpg

Lastly, I ordered the version that included the replica Larue QD high mount and I've found that it looks just a wee bit out of place on my shotgun with the high mount so I'm sticking with the standard low mount and putting the brand new Larue replica high mount up for sale in the US Sales and Trades section. If anyone is interested I'm asking $25 + $4 postage to anywhere in the mainland US for it. I will ship internationally too if anyone outside of the US is interested in it.

Just shoot me a PM if you're interested ^_^

Edited by Jin15