Dump Pouches

rallymad_nad

I've been scouring the net for a dump pouch, preferably a drop leg version. If you have any reasons why its better to be mounted on the belt please do say.

I know Guarder have just release a new one, but found 3 different versions on WGC. Does anyone actually own one of the following. What are the differences internally between them and does anyone have any links to internal pics, as in how they stop the mags coming out.

Guarder DP 1

Not too sure what the straps are either side of the main one?

Guarder DP 2

Guarder DP new

Also does any one know of any better or prefered one, especially ones that can be purchased in the uk. Only looking at WGC as waiting for a few items to come into stock for another large order.

Thanks

Nad

the one with big straps on the side is compatible with ALICE pouches. US issue gear as seen in BHD and such

the one with inch-thick straps is MOLLE compatible. do a google/ebaysearch for molle stuff

the one without straps isn't modular. duh. :P

i'm 99% certain the only difference is the modularity.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, its kind of a necro post, but I figgered it wouldn't hurt to identify what those are copies of. The first one is the Eagle SAS dump pouch, and the others are copies of the SOE pouches. The second one is their SMP, and the third is their MOLLE SMP. SOE's pouches have attachments to belt mount them. If those are close copies, and they appear to be in terms of the attachment methods (they're not very good copies overall), they can be belt mounted.

• 2 weeks later...

MOLLE SAW pouch + cut hole in top = poor man's dump mag! :D

Just sew or melt the nylon on the edge to keep it from tearing and it can hold 8 mags.

Plus you don't pay the hefty price of a "conformist" dump pouch :rolleyes:

I would recommend either going with a Reccegear MM/Maxpedition Medium RolyPolly/BattleLab SSE or maybe a TAG if you don't mind the extra size and its inability to fold up like the others I have listed. I recommend those mainly because I don't like having stuff on my leg when I don't have to, but if your one of those people who doesn't mind it, then I would go for either a SOE or HSGI dump pouch, or just a regular modular leg rig and go with one of the solutions other people have posted.

The belt is the best place to situate your dumper for the sole reason of stability. A good dumper set up shouldn't migrate around the belt and should always be there for you to quickly clear your hands. Don't go thinking you're going to stuff 6-7 mags in there at once all the time. Use it to clear your hands and get back in the fight, as soon as you can, sort your mags into a more secure place.

Drop Leg would be less than ideal unless it was kept high on the hip for maximum stability, which some players might find uncomfortable. The question is is how much time do you intend to spend squeezing though tight spots or prone. If the answer is a lot, then you want to keep your limbs as unencumbered as possible and give the drop leg a miss.

I too second the maxpedition rolypolys. They're ability to fold out of the way means you can have them on belt all the time and they're pretty much perfect for getting a couple mags out of sight and out of mind. Also because of their soft construction mags don't jump about in them, which may be a consideration for stealthy type peoples. :)

I love my TAG dumper, but it does flap around a bit as it hangs off your belt

TAG's SMP rolls up when not in use. If you're noticing its flopping around when you're playing, you need to quit guarding the flag and get into the action.

Archived