Worried about gas issues on TM MEU

alston251

At christmas i am planning to get a TM MEU and upgrade it with a PGC metal kit and a PDI 6.01mm tight bore. But i am really worried about the gas issues like not being able to fire all 27 rounds and lock up in the end. I would only be using it in Hong Kong About 13C plus. I'm planning on using green. Not planning to upgrade spring.

Would it have a good blow back?

Would i be able to fire all rounds in quick succesion?

Thanks guys.

Well, can't tell on a PCG kit on a MEU or 1911, but on a PGC Springfield 1911 metal slide on a stock Hicapa.

The only thing I necessarily had to exchange for getting performance was the recoil spring. Because the PGC slide was a bit tight. But with a 150 % recoil spring and stock hammer with valve remaining stock the Hicapa rocks very well and has a nice pounding blowback.

With the MEU I generally feel you'll get in trouble with shooting a complete 27 BBs with one mag on fast shooting, as there is barely much space in this mag for enough gas and speed shooting increases gas usage … some thing I saw on my Marui 1911A1. But you have to see, the orignial model shoots 7 rounds out of one mag :punk: well, ok, not exactly the point here :flamed:

I'm looking for a PGC kit, too. So this topic and some user experiences might be also interesting to me in the near future.

Well, can't tell on a PCG kit on a MEU or 1911, but on a PGC Springfield 1911 metal slide on a stock Hicapa.

The only thing I necessarily had to exchange for getting performance was the recoil spring. Because the PGC slide was a bit tight. But with a 150 % recoil spring and stock hammer with valve remaining stock the Hicapa rocks very well and has a nice pounding blowback.

With the MEU I generally feel you'll get in trouble with shooting a complete 27 BBs with one mag on fast shooting, as there is barely much space in this mag for enough gas and speed shooting increases gas usage … some thing I saw on my Marui 1911A1. But you have to see, the orignial model shoots 7 rounds out of one mag :punk: well, ok, not exactly the point here :flamed:

I'm looking for a PGC kit, too. So this topic and some user experiences might be also interesting to me in the near future.

On my 1911 with a Nova kit using a MEU mag I can get anywhere from 16-22 bbs per fill. And definitely not locking back after that. Mind you with the uprated hammer and recoil spring I don't expect to be able to get more anyway. Playing with realcap-ish load of 10-12 rounds it is not much of a problem though...

With PGC metal kits on Tokyo Marui 1911s, I regularly get all BBs out of the mag and a lockback. The shooting cadence when I tested this was two shots per second. I would call it "quick succession", even though it's not quite as fast as my finger would allow. When using the PGC recoil spring, the pistols can shoot all the BBs, but no lockback after the last BB.

In the Hong Kong weather right now, the performance may be reduced to the level that you can't quite achieve this. It's something you have to live with.

Leave the hammer spring and valve in stock condition to preserve gas.

-Sale

Funnily enough I have the PGC kit on my MEU with a 6.01mm inner barrel and a plethora of other upgrades. IF you are using the MEU mags you will get a reliable 12 rounds out of it firing as fast as you can (I shoot IPSC so thats about 4-5 seconds from the draw) and sometimes even 14, I don't trust them (the old mags or the new) to empty more than that unless its a warm sunny day.

As for using green gas I wouldn't worry, I could club a baby elephant to death with the thing and not worry about damaging it in the slightest, you can even use propane without worries but temperature is always going to be a killer for these guns with their small gas capacities, in cold weather you just are not going to get the performance you are after unless you have some means of keeping the magazines toasty warm.

Archived