What is the best gas to use with a TM Hi-Capa 4.3 Stainless?

R-KivE

i think ordinary 134a is fine during the summer and ultra or "green" during the winter

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/store/comers...p?idProduct=517 this one should be fine at them moment

i think youll find most gbbs have troubles in winter, i think if you cehck in the pistol sections people have probably gone over the maintance being the key to maximising there effectiveness and keeping the seals working sweet

you need the stronger gas in the winter to get a decent level of fps, you use summer gas, as the stronger gas in the summer will result in too high an fps..

The 4.3 won't put out unfriendly muzzle energies even with green gas during the summer. It's also one of the most durable TM GBB pistols when it comes to long-time use. The 4.3, 1911 series and P226 series are in fact the only models I haven't seen fail at some point.

A bottle of green gas is good for well over a thousand shots. The magazine is filled with liquid up to about half of its volume or less, so you can think of it as that amount of liquid coming out of the bottle every time you fill up a completely empty magazine – but topping off after reloading BBs of course doesn't use that much gas.

Cheers,

Sale

Yes it is, especially with the 4.3 model.

Pros are better power and better kick.

Cons, hmm... A bit less shots per gas charge. But still 3-4 mags worth of BBs with one charge, and you can always top off the gas when you load BBs.

-Sale

ok cool,

I was looking on this site and it says to not use green gas or propane with this gun.

http://www.airsoftworld.net/tokyo-marui-hi...45-acp-gbb.html

How come they say that?

Most manufacturers say that on their gas guns. The reason is that green and other gases are more powerful, especially in hot weather, and can create too much pressure on the valves and things, too much force on the blow-back action, potentially damaging plastic and low-quality metal slides and other parts, etc, etc...

What you need to be very aware of, however, is that these people are based in Japan, Hong Kong or maybe the USA, where temperatures are much higher in summer than in the UK.

Last time I bought a can of American Eagle gas, I notced that the temperature ranges they recommend for their Winter and Summer variants are such that in the UK, we'll hardly ever need to use their summer gas (I think it was for temperatures over 20 C or something outrageous like that)...

This lower temperature means that the more powerful gases are almost essential for effective use of gas guns in the UK, and there shouldn't be a danger of damage to any but the most fragile systems.

It's better to be safe than sorry, though, and do you *REALLY* need 350fps from your pistol?? <_<

You should also consider looking at this thread: Gas Guns Recommended Gas Thread

Archived