JG M4A1 shooting low

R-KivE

right the gun is actually shooting too high my mistake.

have turned the hop up off all the way and it is shooting a fair few inches above my red-dot sight.

I have adjusted the red dot too as high a position as possible.

when I play with the hop up and have it near the fully on area the gun shoots extremely high, its as if the bbs just fly upwards! is this normal?

Hi , I has a JG M4 and the hop was very high out of the box ,even on 0.28's it was a bit high. (with the hop all the way off)

try stripping it down and refitting the hop rubber , ( and clean the barrel properly , JG guns have filthy dirty barrels)

other than that , run a few hundred rounds through it , see if it settles down.

I was dropping a one piece hop in mine anyway, so I ended up binning the old unit entirely.

Jim

right the gun is actually shooting too high my mistake.

have turned the hop up off all the way and it is shooting a fair few inches above my red-dot sight.

I have adjusted the red dot too as high a position as possible.

when I play with the hop up and have it near the fully on area the gun shoots extremely high, its as if the bbs just fly upwards! is this normal?

sounds like you're using 0.12g BBs which are far too light. you want 0.2 MINIMUM (i go for .23/.25), just keep playing with the hop up until your BBs have a nice flat trajectory (start low and keep gradually increasing the hop until the BBs start to curve upwards, this will give you a nice flat trajectory and good range)

Archived