Hello. I'm new here...

Welcome to Arnie's Airsoft.

Remember, when in doubt, use your GoogleFu, THEN post a new thread.

If you've got any questions, feel free to P.M.!

Ben.

Thanks for the welcome.

I've seen you over in the sniper haven area... I'm looking to get myself a nice new sniper rifle. Do you have any experience with vsr's?

No I don't, I'm much more of a Tanaka man, but there are some great people over in the VSR thread.

Anything special you wanted to know?

Ben.

Nothing special...just asking.

I do know there are ton of great people who know a lot about the VSR. If i run into any problems i'm sure they'll be able to help me.

I don't know much about Tanaka's... They're mainly gas rifles though, correct?

Yes, and I'm sure you'll learn the pro's and con's of both soon enough... Just stick your head in either the Tanaka or the VSR thread and pop them a question.

There's a huge gas vs. spring debate, but it ends up that each has it's merits.

Good luck!

Ben.

The Badger was called? Oh no, not one of these again...

Look hes very sorry about any misunderstandings, but he got out of this business a long time ago. Day after day of looking into eager eyes doomed for the meat grinder was too much to take. He retired, tried to leave this wretched land behind, find some solace in what time remained to him. He made himself hard to find, not hard enough apparently. You seem like a good kid, smart, respectable, honorable, but training new guys in the ways of forum combat is a young man's game, The Badger has seen too many moons to be a the true warrior master someone like you needs. He can't train you, but maybe some advice would be a consolatory agreement.

In his many decades of service, The Badger always has faced trolls, but in recent years the trolls have grown braver, their assaults on the intellect of humanity more brazen. It is these unholy beasts that you must learn to fight. Logic, critical reasoning, thought, and science are all equally useless against these e-bominations. Image macros, rick rolls, ddos, these are the weapons of a successful troll hunter, while they lack the elegance of a reasoned proportionate response the sheer power they command is stunning to behold. Keep them ready, for trolls are fast and agile. Never underestimate them.

Regulars are another creature all together. They are not openly hostile (with a few notable exceptions), they are far more dangerous than your average trolls, but far weaker. A well presented argument with documented evidence in your favor can deal a crushing blow against any enemies that you may make while patrolling your domain. They are likely to have popular support due to the probability that they have been here longer so have made acquaintances with more of the higher level browsers. This does not make them immortal however, the patronage of the gods is often as much a curse as a blessing. By careful observation you may notice the shifting vapors of alliances between different members or groups, use these as you would a poison, subtlety is your aim, guile your sword.

The higher ranks of mods and advanced members should not be trifled with. The only weapons known to beat them are the opinions of other more powerful mods, or the unquenchable power of the vox populi, neither can be readily found. Avoid if possible, for they are giants among men in these dark lands.

This is all The Badger can really say, he's been gone for too long, lost too many loved ones, to say much more. Only this.

Think, then type. Keep it pg 13. And good luck.

The Badger has indeed been away too long 3 hours to respond to the Badger signal?! Oh well what The Badger lacks in speed he makes up for in tenacity! When The Badgers motivational posters hit you run for the hills! When he smites yon troll the earth trembles in fear and god himself wonders why he created such a force! Not one keystroke is wasted, not one perfectly spherical ball of death misses it's target, not one Badger Signal unanswered! For that is the way of The Badger!

Cromag

Archived