Ebay Seller - Texasrule / Flashlightmaster / Ho Kelvin / Nancy Lam

Watch out for these guys... I recently ordered a GP552 from them, and it arrived cracked. I contacted the seller, they agreed to a return, and I sent it back. They never sent a replacement.

Here's the scam, the Paypal address, and the address that they have you mail the return to are not the same address. They ship it out for someone else. No way to recover your money from Paypal in this case. Luckily, the Paypal rep that I spoke with on the phone recognized this scam and said that he should be able to reopen the 'non-receipt' case as a 'significantly not as described' case, and recover about half of my money. Sort of like a settlement that someone would receive in court, I guess.

I looked over the feedback more closely, and I'm not the only one that this has happened to.

Anyway, thats it... Look out for those names on any ebay merchants.

-Shawn

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just went to buy a Reflex sight on eBay, and turns out that this guy has multiple accounts registered on different email addresses. Basically, I just bought another item from the same damn set of scammers.

'scopes4us' is yet another of the alias'. I'm not 100% certain, but I believe they are also known as 'trading expert'.

• 2 weeks later...
Here's the scam, the Paypal address, and the address that they have you mail the return to are not the same address. They ship it out for someone else. No way to recover your money from Paypal in this case. Luckily, the Paypal rep that I spoke with on the phone recognized this scam and said that he should be able to reopen the 'non-receipt' case as a 'significantly not as described' case, and recover about half of my money. Sort of like a settlement that someone would receive in court, I guess.

Hey Shawn, I'd be curious to hear if you were able to get any money back thru Paypal if the sales rep told you to change your case to a "significantly not as described" case. When I filed my case against Sadman who sold me an item that was significantly not as described (through omission of the item's actual condition), Paypal immediately closed the claim as they arbitrarily decide that they do not wish to judicate on those types of discrepancies. I'm having to jump through a lot of hoops and talk with Paypal a lot about it on a weekly basis, but it's really 50/50 at this point. Basically, someone can send you a brick, and so long as they have proof that they sent you something, you're SOL (like Sadman did to me). Just curious if anything came of your case when you switched it to a 'significantly not as described' case. Were you able to get money back at all? It's pathetic that guys like this exist.

Best of luck!

-Corps

Actually ive used Scopes4us a few times and its always gone fine and arrived fast. I'll be careful in future however, although normally most of the stuff I buy from them are a few quid and seldom exceed 20 quid. I reckon for small stuff, it's worth the risk.

Paypal FINALLY requested info from me... So I've submitted my delivery confirmation of the GP Eotech 552, and then also the ebay email from the seller saying to send it to the Delaware address. I'll post back with the outcome.

As a side note... I got Paypal to email 'scope4us' (Ho Kelvin) and he seemed to have no problem with canceling the sale on the NCStar Reflex. Weird, huh? He refunded my money with no gripes whatsoever.

At this point, I don't think Ho Kelvin is a real person. I think its some companies pseudonym for an account rep. What I think is happening here is that they collect the money, and someone in the US (the shipper) gets a commission.

i found paypal to be on the ball.

i bought a M4 box mag (i know, i know.... only had 7 normal mags....) anyway, the guy who sold it me forgot to mention he had cracked it and glued it.

i told him i wouldn't have bought it if the item was described properly

his reply.... thats the chance you take on ebay, if you dont like it complain to ebay and paypal

i sent both ebay and paypal a lovely letter with a copy of his reply. after he ignored comms with them paypal just jacked the money straight from his account for a full refund - which included the postage, and i got to keep the item.

moral of the story...... keep copies of comms until satisfied!!!

hope this gives you the insperation to fight on!!

Archived