.24g in a .20g AEG

RtHG77

Hi all,

I just picked up a TM MP5k AEG, and the ammo that came with it is .20g BB's. I went to Wal-Mart this afternoon and picked up a jar of .24g BB's because that's all they had outside of the .12g which I know would damage my gun.

Would it damage anything in my gun to fire the .24g, or do I have to suck it up and order .20g online?

Not knowing the quality of the 0.24s makes answering a little diffiocult, but assuming they are good quality (most .12s are pretty poor with seam lines etc) then .24s will work fine. You may notice a little less range, but its normally minimal, you should notice an improvement in accuracy as they are less likely to be blown off course by a breeze.

Just you saying that they are from Walmart makes my hair stand on end. Also as stated above .24in=6mm, the USA should switch to the metric system. Get out a precision scale and weigh them, if you know someone that cooks they might have one if you don't.

Archived