Pantac Versatile Holsters

SamJacksonFan

I'm looking for people who have experience with these Pantac Versatile holsters (no specific color, just holster issue, quality, practicability, space, impressions, experience in the field …)

HS-N330-MC-A-L.jpg

And maybe anyone knows copies and other makes of that kind of holster design – legbased with integrated pocket for the handgun?

I had the idea maybe to fit a kydeyx holster as inlay into it and maybe fixing it with screws trough the back, what might be difficult from what I see in the pictures with this brown-grey-striped section layed on top. And the matter would be the space inside. You think there could be fitted something like a Blackhawk CQC (without Serpa of course) or Uncle Mikes into the holster?

Or better directly go to HSGI?

I have that exact holster. I found it a bit cumbersome due to all of the various straps and bits that it has. I'm fairly short, so the excess bits of material that resulted when the holster was all sinched down flopped around and got in the way. Easily fixed with some tape, however. It's a pretty practical holster in terms of being able to hold most large framed automatics and it is relatively affordable. The material is hard-wearing.

If I were in the market for another drop-leg style holster, I'd probably go with a fancier model suited for one particular hand-gun design. I'd try to pick up something like a SERPA or Safariland. The Pantac holster is "ok," but not very (imo) streamline and quick. Honestly, I still prefer my Bianchi M12 (non drop-leg) to the Pantac.

I have the Pantac holster for sale (in Khaki) for anyone who is interested. Just drop me a PM.

Woo! 1000th post!

Well, I'm thrilled by the idea of getting me four or five Uncle Mikes Kydex holsters for some bucks and having an easy to switch dropleg holster for all my GBB models. Maybe fixing it with velcro strip … hook-and-loop tape (which one is the correct word?). I know, semidecent and maybe not very successful.

I also had Safarilands, very good, but mighty and massive. Blackhawk rig seems to be very extensive, too, with the two strabs. And I have a fable for the extraordinary. :D

Maybe I drop that plan and go back to givning the new G-Code RTI system a try … one mount for several holsters.

Archived