M14 full-auto only

GuzziHero

I tried to search but...y'know, minimum 4 letter search strings and all.

My M14 has started firing full auto. The selector still works the semi latch (at least externally). This smacks of a broken semi-cutoff lever to me.

Can anyone confirm this possibility or suggest other causes?

Cheers :)

Notch? :huh:

If you mean the cam, it's very unlikely that would be worn.

As QQexDERA said, the cut-off lever is prone to rapid wear, it's a common problem.

What make is it GuzziHero?

I have a KART M14 that had the same problem.

I fixed it by drilling through the end that bears on the sector gear cam and epoxying in a section of drill shank.

That worked for a while, but eventually failed again, there just isn't enough 'meat' in the area that I drilled.

I got hold of another clone in a trade with the intention of using the cut-off lever from that in the KART.

Annoyingly, they are slightly different <_< .

It fitted, but just wouldn't work.

The end of the lever that trips the trigger contact block is approx 1mm shorter than the KART version.

I don't know which is compatible with the Guarder (and Marui) replacement.

Someone else fixed theirs by slipping a piece of heatshrink over the end that bears on the cam.

As for the search problem, if you're searching for something with only 3 letters and/or numbers (which is fairly common with Airsoft and gun related tags e.g. ICS, ACM/AGM, MP7, MP5, M14, UMP, RPG, BFG, etc), just put * on the end and try again, e.g. MP5*

Archived