cyma 028 battery question

Vamp V^^V

Hey guys, totally noobie post (if it would be more suitable in newbie forum, please move) I did search however.

I got my first AK recently from the forums, a Cyma .028, and it's great. Except the battery has a terrible life span (i.e it discharges completely within an hour or two) I also have pretty rubbish ROF, but not sure if that's battery related.

So I wanted to get a replacement (I use a Pro-Peak 2500 charger) unfortunately I don't know what sort of battery it is. It's smaller than my large batteries for MP5, etc, but bigger than small batteries. So what sort of battery is compatible? I would rather use a NIMh than a Li-Ion for cost, and reliability.

Any advice gratefully received :)

http://www.component-shop.co.uk/html/body_7vp2200sc-h.html

£15 from component shop.

I have one of these for my AK's and its good for a full days skirmish. :D

I did order a custom 4600 mah large type custom battery for my SRC AK, but split the stock fitting it and I doubt it will ever come out again. These 4/5 size batteries seem to be the best all round compromise, pity that C/S do not do a 9.6v version.

As long as the Cyma is a full stock model and not an "S" type with the folding stock, then yes this is fully compatable.

8.4v Large Tamyia is standard for the Cyma and the battery will easily fit. Though you may need to use a little padding to stop it rattling in the stock!

If its a folding stock model, you will need a stick type battery. I have a Cyma folding stock AK47S and I can tell you the stick battery is a total sod to fit. :(

Nah, it is the full stock version. I was just confused because like I say, the battery is smaller than the large one I used for M4s, MP5, Famas etc. But bigger than that for a stock G36c small battery.

But if an 8.4v is a standard sort of size then I'm sure I can find something :)

For some reason the Chinese seem to like shipping batteries that are made with 4/5 SC cells; slightly smaller than normal SC cells, but still bigger than the 2/3 A's used in mini packs.

That'll be why it's slightly smaller.

Archived