Cheap Marushin handgun shells

renegadecow

Yes they do. Did, past tense. Cassiopeia series (banned now and for all eternity), but the gas mechanism is inside them as well and it would be really difficult in trying to make those yourself unless maybe if you had a mini-mill.

edit:

and as my_plague_666 mentioned, Marushin will be releasing one too, and in 6mm to boot. I bet you could even use real .45LC slugs too and make em look like their new bullet design with mock slugs.

do you know why they banned cassiopeia shells btw?

In the UK they are banned because existing law bans anything that has a striker and self contained ammunition. IE gas and BB in the shell = illegal.

Moscarts are exempt, its either because they are accepted to be safe and not easy to convert to be lethal or it is because it dosent have a striker, more a "pusher" to activate it.

Internationally i have no idea. Tanaka are a Japaneese company, and real guns are banned in Japan (more so than the UK i think)

There is an idea that they can have gunpowder put in them to make them lethal. This conversion would be possible, but you would need a primer as well. and with the gun using a striker/firing pin that moves with quite some force the gun itself wouldn't need to be converted at all to use low powered live casings.

i believe the glocks/kimbers have very off spec shells (largely so there's room for gas in the mag)

regarding the casopeyieyayyayayaiea system it was (IIRC) to do with someone suggesting the use of gunpowder in the shells. the mere idea (no matter how ridiculous it is) horrified the japanese government it would seem and therefore it's now banned.

Archived